How to serve Boulevard Wheat??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight I went into the bar at the hotel where I'm staying. I looked at the bottle selection, Sam Adam Boston Lager catches my eye. Seconds later I see a stack of 12" hefe glasses next to a Boulavard draft handle and say, "Oh you have wheat glasses!!! Give me a Boulevard."

So I go with the Boulevard Wheat...

My glass of Boulevard Wheat comes in a frosted mug!!! (WTF???)

The schmuck 12 seconds after me orders a bud light and he gets the 12" hefe glass.

I'm thinking arrrghhhh.

Dumasses can't tell the diff from a hefe glass and a pils glass...

Its beer in either large glass or small? Yup!! (der, I'm so smart, s-m-a-r-t spells moon!!)

I'm thinking its pointless to make mention of the gaff. (The owner serves me, and it appears he's a big grouchy mofo!)

What would you do??

Order it again next time, and if it comes the same way, I'd kick the bartender's axx.

Seriously, what can you really do when not everyone is at the same level when it comes to serving beer?

Order it again next time, and if it comes the same way, I'd kick the bartender's axx.

Seriously, what can you really do when not everyone is at the same level when it comes to serving beer?

Oh yah - I'll kick his fat tubby a$$. After he's tired of chasing me through the bar. One swift kick in the walnuts, and say while he's down rithing in pain, "Serves you right for serving a wheat in a mug and a pils in a hefe glass... ...grouchy mofo."

Then walk to the bar and order the Sam Adams and get it served in a chablis glass!!:D

I know, I know. I think if you own a bar you might know how to serve what you sell. His resturant/bar supplier is prolly an ignoramous too.

I would just order my next Boulevard Wheat in one of the weizen glasses. Then, when the guy brings it, I might try to start up a friendly conversation about how, "you know, I just learned this, myself, but this glass is actually made for this kind of beer," and see where it went from there.

TL

What's with the being nice about it crap there TexLaw?!?!

I say pummel him mercilessly with a tap handle, and if that doesn't work - play a game of hide the hot sauce. Use your ambience - plenty of stuff to beat him with.

If you've never seen Bas Ruten Lethal Self Defense System DVD, you may not understand the above comments.

If I specifically mentioned the glass when ordering:
"Oh you have wheat glasses!!! Give me a Boulevard."

and got:
My glass of Boulevard Wheat comes in a frosted mug!!!

...I'd at least ask (politely) "why isn't my wheat beer in the wheat beer glass?". Maybe the bartender offers you a replacement; at the very least, your next one will be served properly.

I will try to strike up a friendly conversation with him tonight about the wheat glasses. If all else fails...I'll do the hot sauce thing!!! After I get my food!!!

I would just ask for that glass specifically. Shouldn't be any skin off their nose...

Yup! This worked. Tank (the bartender) had his day off.... BTW the ladies know how to serve beer. Tank is just an ignorant a$$hole.

Not to mention he's the DA Owner.

:mug:

Back