Looking for a Blonde Ale recipe...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idratherbeinmexico

Reaction score
I haven't brewed a Blonde Ale yet. I had some at the local micro the other night and it was pretty goood, so I want to duplicate.

Anybody have a time tested Blonde Ale recipe that they stand by?

If so, PLEASE share...Just copy and Paste...

Thanks...

I'll +1 Centennial.

If you want something different, try this. The honey gives it a different twist.

Recipe: Glacier Blonde Ale
Style: Blonde Ale
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.046 SG
Estimated Color: 4.7 SRM
Estimated IBU: 22.8 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 85.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
6 lbs 4.4 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 85.0 %
5.9 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 2 5.0 % 0.45 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 3 22.8 IBUs
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 4 -
11.8 oz Honey (1.0 SRM) Sugar 6 10.0 %
1.0 pkg American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056) [1000.0 Yeast 5 -

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 7 lbs 6.1 oz
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temperat Step Time
Mash In Add 8.33 qt of water at 168.3 F 152.0 F 60 min

Sparge: Drain mash tun, Batch sparge with 1 steps (5.32gal) of 168.0 F water
Notes:
------

I've been looking for a nice blonde too... Any thoughts on the "bomb shell" blonde?

Ken Lenard's Bases Loaded Blonde ale

Here's a light-colored, slightly hoppy ale that many different beer drinkers can appreciate. I took advantage of the hop shortage and used a hop that was new to me, Sterling. I had heard that it is slightly spicy like Saaz, but with a higher alpha rating. The crystal and carafoam should add some head stability and the neutral yeast should allow the hops to come through. I have some of this beer in bottles right now and I also have a keg of it that is ready to be served. Fermenting this beer very low for the strain (~60° or even a little lower) creates an ultra-smooth beer that allows the grains and hops to take center stage.

7 lbs Pilsner Malt

1 lb Munich

8 oz Crystal 10°L

8 oz Vienna

8 oz Carafoam (mash temp 151°)

1 oz Sterling pellets @ 5.3% for 60 minutes

½ oz Hallertau Tradition pellets 5.7% for 10 minutes

White Labs 01 California Ale yeast

OG: 1.049, FG: 1.012, IBU: 25, SRM: 4, ABV: 4.8%

I just bottled and tasted the blonde ale that was on sale at brewmaster warehouse. If it garbs and ages like a think. It could be a summer staple beer. You may still be able to get it on sale.

BM's Centennial Blonde is a great one to try. Just search the forum & see how many gallons of this recipe have been brewed.

Mmmmmmm

Use 30lbs of two row, 2 lbs of Carapils, 2 oz of centenial hops, and an oz of Falconers Flight. and 2 oz of clover honey. Strike water should be 168, which will put you at about 156 when it balances out. Start mashing in about 8 gallons of water and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then start dumping your mash tun into the boiler Fire it up to a rolling boil and dump in the Centenial, stir the hell out of it cause it will boil over.... At the 45 minute mark, dump the falconers flight. At 55 munutes dump the honey. Cool it down, then pump it into the fementer. I use a yeast starter, usually one oz of Californa Ale yeast will work. After about 10 days, you should be ready to cold crash it and pump into a secondary. Original gravity was 1060, terminal gravity is 1010. Calcs out to the 60% range and is an amazing beer.

Back