Using a puree for a raspberry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jota

Reaction score
hey guys,
i am going to rack to secondary today and my LHBS told me using a puree with nothing added will work. am i to mix it or just put the puree in and let the beer sit on top?

thanks,
jota

jota said:
hey guys,
i am going to rack to secondary today and my LHBS told me using a puree with nothing added will work. am i to mix it or just put the puree in and let the beer sit on top?

thanks,
jota

I did a raspberry ale and it turned out really good....I blended up 1.5 lbs of fresh berrys and added last 15min of the boil....Then did the same 10 days later and added to the secondary when I racked...Oh, I cooked the berry blend that I added to the secondary for 15 minutes...I just put it in the secondary and put the beer on top...Hope this helps.

You can use the puree (something like Oregon) directly from the can. Use a sanitized spoon and mix it in gently.

I'd add it first, then rack on top. that may stir a puree up enough. if it doesn't, its still less hand stirring, so less potential for oxidation. just be gentle.

Back