Its Bottling Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have some questions

when i rack to bottling bucket do i need a lid on it when i start to bottle.

i sanitize with b t f solution is that stuff a no rinse.

thanks

bull shark of beer said:
i have some questions

when i rack to bottling bucket do i need a lid on it when i start to bottle.

i sanitize with b t f solution is that stuff a no rinse.

thanks

I have not used a lid when I've bottled but I only have a few batches under my belt. I normally use this as my sanitizer.

Where in IL are you from?

I set the lid on my bottling bucket, I don't actually seal it up because I dont' want a vacuum in the bucket disrupting flow into the bottles. I have no idea what BTF is, sorry can't help there!

bull shark of beer said:
im from the rockford area

b t f iodophore

Yes I use BTF which is the brand my local homebrew shop sells and I don't rinse just pour it out. I also put the lid on top of the bottling bucket to make sure thing that are not suppose to be in there don't fall in.

just finished bottling 46 beers about 5 beers spilled all over me and on the floor and i some how broke the racking cane.

the good news is filled a bottle half way didnt want to cap a half bottle of beer so the mrs and i tried some and it was f king great no off smells or taste.

so now the wife and i are going to try to brew once a week and if that works out we'll be keging by spring hopefully

cheers

Back