Anyone familiar with this system??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lando

Reaction score
Browsing around on CL and came across this.

Beer MicroBrewery - Price Reduced

Any idea how this works? It says no grain is needed...along with a lot of other BS about how it was bought off of a pizza guy.
Are these just the fermenters?
Anyone know what the brand is? The link was not working. This thing has been for sale on CL for many months.

This a commercial, no-boil, "brew-in-bag". You buy pre-hopped extract, add water, yeast, and ferment.
We are the only brewpub equipment manufacturer who also produce the brewing ingredients.
Which is to say, you are locked in on buying from us.

It is not a brew in a bag system. BIAB is all grain and I'd hate to see someone attempt to lift a full bag of grain out of one of these things. BIAB would be really hard to make viable on a commercial scale.

Oh yeah the addabrewpub system..there are a few ancient threads on it...it is like a glorified big mr beer system that resteraunts can buy and use pretty much large scale mr beer or cooper kits...

If it's being sold for 600, obvioulsy the previous owner was not successful.

Hold on... I don't see a problem with this. Lots of folks on this board brew with extract. You say it's not a good deal for what reason? The beer is bad? I haven't tried it but I sure have brewed very very high quality extract brews.

I also looked on the site and didn't see anything tying you into their recipes.

Just sayin'...

Hold on... I don't see a problem with this. Lots of folks on this board brew with extract. You say it's not a good deal for what reason? The beer is bad? I haven't tried it but I sure have brewed very very high quality extract brews.

I also looked on the site and didn't see anything tying you into their recipes.

Just sayin'...

I'm not dissing extract home brewers, or serious extract microbrewers, I support a nice pico brewery not to far from me, but he formulates his own recipes and buys fresh extract from ld carlson, just brews them in 30 gallon batches.

IIRC, back then you WERE tied to their recipes...and if you read through those threads I posted, people evdiently tried them....and were disspointed...Don't shoot the messenger here.

It is not a brew in a bag

Yes it is. You are confusing this with using a VLGB for partial mashing (something I've advocated for years). There are brewing 'systems' out there that are nothing more than a plastic bag that you add hot water to. Google 'brewsack'.

Ha! The OP is absolutely right--I saw this exact same posting on CL (here in DC) months ago. Probably March or April... :)

Back