seasonal brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschaf

Reaction score
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy homebrewing. The sense of community is great and when I brew I feel connected to our forefathers and to everyone else taking it upon themselves to carry on this tradition. One of my favorite things about brewing is anticipating a coming season and brewing a special beer for that coming time. As a young man, this may be the only time where I think and plan ahead in consideration for what's to come. If I'd put this much thought into other areas of my life, I might be a successful man, but I guess that's what makes it great. It's like when I'm on the golf course, I try not to laugh but I think about drunken Scots on clifftops drinking scotch. Sometimes it throws my game off.. but I think if we can hold on to the essence of what's it's all about, we're not doing half bad.

Very good points. I have introduced many people who "don't like dark beer" to a tasty porter or chocolate stout while sitting in front of a fireplace. They changed their opinion.

What is better than an Oktoberfest as the air crispens , or a Bell's Oberon marking the beginning of summer.

This is the first year that I've been able to really plan out my brews for the year. My best plan is where I will be making a Belgian Blonde ( all my SWMBO's fav) and timing a Belgian Golden Strong (10-10-10 brew) to go on that yeast cake.

Sometimes the main SWMBO doesn't understand why I need to brew when there is 15 gal on tap. Then, as that season changes, she is like "oooohhhh,, this is really good right now"

God i love making good beer.

Back