My second batch tips...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrathbone

Reaction score
The first batch of beer from my Cooper's Kit is currently in the bottle stage. Now I'm ready to start another.

For my second batch, I plan on using another can kit, but tweaking it a little bit to make it more flavorful. I also plan on purchasing a secondary fermenter for this batch. I don't want to purchase any more equipment just yet, as I'm still getting my feet wet.

Does anybody have recommendations on which kit to purchase? Additionally, what small changes can I make to this process to create a better brew?

I'm open to small ingredient additions and the like, but I do not yet have a big brew pot.

Thanks for the help :tank:

What kit all depends on what you like. A small step up from just a kit is adding steeping grain. A small amount will make a major difference in the taste of your brew. Happy brewing!

What kit all depends on what you like. A small step up from just a kit is adding steeping grain. A small amount will make a major difference in the taste of your brew. Happy brewing!

I like good beer of any type. I'm more interested in recommendations based on the quality of the beer that derived from kits that you guys have used.

Now, seeing as its going to start getting warm here, I'll probably steer away from stouts and the like.... for now.

EDIT: On the steeping grains, how big of a pot do I need for that? Let's say that I'm using the Cooper's wheat kit, from AHS with their supplied enhancer. So if I were to use AHS's red wheat for a steeping grain, how much would I need to use for the 6 gallon Cooper's kit?

Thanks guys.

Back