Hole too big? - Coleman 70qt extreme cooler mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewibolo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I purchased a coleman extreme 70qt cooler - here. The problem I think I have is that the drain hole is too big - it measures 1" diameter. The weldless cooler bulkhead from bargainfittings states that it is for a max size hole of 7/8".
Has anyone used that specific cooler successfully? If so, were any mods necessary?

Thanks again everyone,

EP

I had to put large "washers" on both sides to make a fitting woukld on my 10 Gallon Water Cooler...

The valve I wanted and fit reall well was out of stock so I bought a smalller one.

DPB

http://www.bargainfittings.com/

Thank you for shopping our store. We have the parts and kits you need to convert your keg, kettle, brewpot and coolers. Look for individual fitting parts and complete kits to turn your system into a smooth operating beer making dream. Custom parts are available upon request.

We are available to answer questions by email through our contact page or phone.

Telephone: (972) 836-7023

Back