Unveiling my brewery & garage build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading through your entire thread, all that I can say is, one day I hope to be able to do something even half as beautiful as what you have here.

Great work

Thanks, all! It sure has been a lot of fun sharing these experiences with you. Even though much of the real hard work was done by my contractor, it has been pretty fulfilling to see our ideas come to fruition. Designing and building something like this gets under your skin for sure...

...We're going to take a few months to recover from construction fatigue, and then start in on a few projects in our basement, including a bar/lounge room.

twalsh,

I definitely still plan to. That being said, I recently took a new job that's kept me really busy. I've also gotten a good feel for the manual operation of my system, so I haven't felt too much internal pressure to get this done. It'll probably be several months, but I look forward to it. I'll be sure to post here when I get there. :)

Fantastic and inspiring build! This makes me wish we actually had a yard to build something like this! It looks functional and well designed.

Thanks for sharing.

So...what time should I stop by? I'll bring the ingredients and the beer.

This was a great read, and super inspiring. I just started building a keezer, but this! THIS!

Any thought to growing your own hops along the trellis I saw in the computer image (many pages back) of the completed building and surrounding space?

Thank you so much for this inspirational thread fall-line! My wife and I are currently under contract for a house that includes a separate garage, 24' by 24'. She does require half of the two-door garage for her car though, but the other half AND the full second story of it is mine. The previous owner rigged it for hair-styling, meaning it is already hooked up for drainage, natural gas, water, and medium electrical use. I have great hopes that I can one day start a brewery, but right now getting my products down and getting rich beer drinkers involved in investment is key. My crew and I already have 2 signature beers that we have received high praise on by many beer snobs, one being a "dark Irish red" called Blood of the Ancients and the other a porter-saison bastard child (yes, it is good, think porter body and malts meet saison crispness and spiciness from yeast) called Saison of the Abyss. We will target metal heads and nerds, but all of our beer will be high quality.

Anyways, I have been looking for a step-by-step guide to converting this space into a nanobrewery and this thread is exactly what I have been looking for. I am a tech-guy and the designated chemist as well, and my partners are a beer snob who loves research and recipe making, a work horse who will do anything for free beer, and an electrician. We are Brutal Beverages (soon to be) LLC. I'm quite drunk right now off of Saison of the Abyss, so I will stop before I make too much of an ass of myself, but I will be recording all of the progress and starting a thread of my own in honor of yours. My project will be nowhere near as fancy as yours, but most likely every step of the way will be inspired by your work. When it is up and running enough to make some batches I will contact you for an address to send some samples, I owe you more than just a beer! Thank you for the inspiration!

Did you ever fix that floor? My vote is for tile... It's easy to clean and strong as hell. Gotta throw a welding blanket down so you don't burn through it but it's damn near bulletproof otherwise!

I know I'm bringing up an old thread but I just read it start to finish. Amazing!

I really enjoy the look of your decking, I'm sure you said somewhere in this post but what kind is it? Looks almost artificial by how perfectly it lines up. I also really envy how you can walk from your house to the brewery without walking in the yard. I have almost made a path of beaten down grass between my house and brewery. Great work!

I love my epoxy floor. Use plenty of anti-slip and your good to go. Easy to clean and wasn't that difficult to throw down. The key is in the concrete prep. I love to see the pictures of the extreme brew caves so I thought I would share mine.

Numb Tongue Brewery Pictures 044.jpg

Numb Tongue Brewery (3) Edited.jpg

Numb Tongue Brewery (3) 001.jpg

Holy crap. That is practically a brewpub in its own right. Whats your brewing capacity with that beast?

I brew 1 barrel batches and could push it to 1.5 barrels if I had a bigger fermenter. I only brew 4 times a year which allows me time to do other things like drink my beer. I like to bring 5 gallons of beer to different camps throughout the year. (i.e. deer camp, ice fishing camp, pheasant camp and house boat camp).

What do you ferment in @Tomabrew? By the looks of those toys I was hoping to see some glycol jacketed Conicals... You must have done a lot of brewing to nail down a solid enough recipe to be happy with only brewing 4 times a year? There's got to be more story behind that brewhouse. You don't have it to save money on beer... Perhaps start another thread so we don't steal from the OP!

Wow! Is that a beer walk-in cooler?! I'm torn between admiration, and deep jealousy! Beautiful work, really!

What do you ferment in @Tomabrew? By the looks of those toys I was hoping to see some glycol jacketed Conicals... You must have done a lot of brewing to nail down a solid enough recipe to be happy with only brewing 4 times a year? There's got to be more story behind that brewhouse. You don't have it to save money on beer... Perhaps start another thread so we don't steal from the OP!

I am starting a thread under "Other" called "Numb Tongue Brewery"TM my 1 Barrel Home Brewery.

Back