Camlocks and Pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagavulin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Question regarding the proflowdynamics and bargainfittings SS camlocks.

I have two male adapters on my hop rocket for use as a hop back:

2940699_lrg.JPG

I was considering the female camlock:

camlockb-250x250.jpg

With the Blichmann Flare Connectors:

BEQCK14MFLAREST-N.jpg

To connect to the male adapters on the Hop Rocket for purposes of easily switching between use as a hop back and randal.

Anyone have any insight as to how well the Camlocks will perform under pressure during use as a Randal?

I've never seen a Blichmann connector, What I would check out is whether the wing/clamps on the female would fold back enough to lock the camlock with what looks like a large diameter black plastic knob on.

I don't see why this wouldn't work ... pressure on the dispensing side is only 8-12 lbs.

Thanks Dutch. I emailed bargainfittings and he also said they would work fine under that pressure.

I've never seen a Blichmann connector, What I would check out is whether the wing/clamps on the female would fold back enough to lock the camlock with what looks like a large diameter black plastic knob on.

Didnt think of that -- not sure how large they are. I found the connector below - they seem more hefty -- and I wont need the tooless or high temp design of the silcone coating.

Thanks for the replys.

Back