The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a ton of upper body work. Not sure I would want to do it in the winter. It was really slick yesterday with wetness, I can't imagine it in the snow.

Depends on what you want to do. There is a Halloween run. There is one in February there as well, but that just seems crazy.
The one I just did was $80. Check out shale hill adventure in Benson Vt. They have these things all over the place, this one was pretty cool.
I have also been looking at the inflatable obstacle courses.

I need to start doing some upper body work, so this'll motivate me to actually start getting back to the gym and lifting instead of just running all the time. I am looking at the February one; I mean, it's just stupid enough to seem like a lot of fun. Buddy of mine here at work (who does a lot of these types of races) seems interested as well.

Monkey bars uphill is really hard. Tarzan swing with 12 ropes too. I think that one takes practice and technique.
If you do it in the winter, get some icebug sneakers. You will need the spikes.

Monkey bars uphill is really hard. Tarzan swing with 12 ropes too. I think that one takes practice and technique.
If you do it in the winter, get some icebug sneakers. You will need the spikes.

I burned through a couple pairs of YakTrax last winter, just doing road work in the ice/slush/snow, but those look pretty sweet. Might give them a shot.

Yeah, I was fine with cross trainers except for one obstacle where it wish I had spikes. I assume cross trainers in the winter just wouldn't work.

Well, August next year might be a good goal for you. It is a pretty damn tough course. I am not in great shape, but not terrible either. I was able to complete 25 out of the 30 obstacles on the 5k course. I would need to train up a lot to do the 10k.
I figured there would be fat people there, like the spartan race in Boston. Everybody at this thing was in pretty decent shape.

Honestly, I wasn't sure about going, but my buddy told me I wouldn't be the fattest guy there. He had done a couple of these, but much larger venues. Evidently there are tons of fat people doing this in Boston, not so much in Vt.
I'm not calling anybody fat. You got a year to be svelt. Seeing as you won't be eating pizza or lobster much, that should be pretty easy.
I just don't want to be the guy spotting you coming over the 12 foot wall, that's all I'm sayin'.

Back