Erikrocks's Fermentation Chamber!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
It's a pretty simple build, but It holds all 4 of my fermenters and was extremely cheap. I was having a real problem keeping steady fermentation temperatures. THe basement was a touch too cold (55-ish) and the house fluctuates too much--mid 60's when we're home, but we keep the temperature down at night and while we're at work.

So...I bought two pieces of 2'x8'x2" foamboard, 2 tubes of PL glue, caulk, a $12 space heater/fan from Home Depot, and a Love TSS2-2100. I found the minifridge on craigslist for free. It was extremely dirty, so I gave it a nice bleach wash before beginning the build.

photo_23.jpg

photo_33.jpg

photo_32.jpg

photo_41.jpg

photo_51.jpg

I'm thinking of framing the foam with wood to make it a little more sturdy. I'd also like to figure something out for the top. It seems to hold temp pretty well, but I'm not sold about the top of the door/foam top seal.

At any rate, it's 500X better than anything I had going on before!

This looks nice; it's the simplest thing that works! I'm definitely in that camp myself; what's the cheapest, easiest thing I can make do with, and I'll fix it later if it turns out to be insufficient.

-g-

Back