Suprise Brew Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wife decided out of the blue about two hours ago to take the boys down to her mother's house for the afternoon / evening. Hurray! I was certain I was doomed to an afternoon of GeoTrax, Legos, and Cartoon Network (that's honestly not such a bad thing...).

I just doughed-in with a recipe I threw together that has roots in BeirMuncher's Sterling Gold but is about as far from it as it gets. Woot!

lol, no pants brewing.

i has to work for a few hours and then i'm brewing. i'll be surprised if i finish all my werk before i take off to brew :D

1170054034268.jpg

I know it gets hot down in South Georgia, but you might at least put some shorts on before you start boiling (just in case, ya' know).

In unrelated news, up here in the foothills it was a beautiful, breezy 75* until about 11 o'clock. Even then it only got up to about 80. I feel fall coming and Saturday brew days happening more frequently (i need to get either a kegerator or more bottles or both).

Well, that took longer than expected. I guess the 3 & 5 year old "helpers" that showed up in the middle of the boil had something to do with it...

Anyway, ten gallons of my "Caribbean Gold" is in the Fermenator. Hallelujah? Amen...

Thats awesome...i have never brewed with no pants on. Im gunna have to give it a try. I guess that means i have to santize my package....i wont fear the foam ;)

Back