Brewing this weekend!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MediaMikes

Reaction score
I found a few people here in Amarillo that brew (so much for being the lone ranger) and they are wanting to brew this weekend. So I ordered the Watermelon Ale from Williams Brewing that I will be brewing and one guy is going to be brewing an all grain, which will be a great learning experience for me. :mug:

Watermelon? Sounds cool!:mug:

I'll piggyback off this thread and ask, who else is brewing this weekend? I'm brewing this Yukon Arctic Red clone from BYO. It'll be the second time I've done it. SWMBO did the extract version first, then I did the AG version after we drank her's up.

I'm getting back in the saddle this weekend. Sunday looks like it's going to be nice, so I'm going to shoot for a double-session; English bitter and Berliner Weisse.

I will be brewing a hefeweizen to bring in the spring :)

I am doing what I thought would be a mild caramel amber. But after sampling some New Castle last night for the first time in a long time, I am expecting it to be an unintentional New Castle clone!!

I am bottling the DFH 60 clone from Yooper and if I can get the turkey fryer pot clean enough, brewing Edworts haus pale ale.

Kegging 5 gallons of Apfelwein, then 10 gallons of Haus Ale. I'll refill the carboy for another 5 gallons of Apfelwein and see if I can fit a special 5 gallon batch of a Rye IPA into this weekend. I'm back to my 7 gallon kettle till the 20 gallon Blingmann comes in.

My plans are to go to the city and find a Steam Ale to see if I even like it, Because I want that to be my first Partial Mash.
I also am clearly in need of another 5 gallon glass Carboy and new stoppers. Then I am brewing a JOAM, (Sister brought some Oranges to me from AZ) Then I'm going to do another 5 of Apfelwein. And start working up a recipe for a Banana Peach or Mango Hefe.
If I end up at a :HBS I will likely get a kit IPA...just for SH!Ts and Grins.

I'm visiting my folks this evening and headed home tomorrow. I will roll down the windows on my way through Oakland tomorrow to try and catch a whiff of Deathbrewer's brewhouse (that guy's a brewing madman!)

On deck for Sunday is a Hefe (Ed Wort's recipe).

MediaMikes said:
I found a few people here in Amarillo that brew (so much for being the lone ranger) and they are wanting to brew this weekend. So I ordered the Watermelon Ale from Williams Brewing that I will be brewing and one guy is going to be brewing an all grain, which will be a great learning experience for me. :mug:
Have not brewed anytihng in two weeks. Bottled a Helles and Boh pils last Sat. Racked over 10 gals of Helles to the secondarys tonight. Brewing a Bock on Sun and should do a Thomas hardy's clone next weekend.

Fenster said:
Vienna Steam eh?
Care to share the recipe?
my original steam beer:

9.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
1.00 lbs. Vienna Malt Germany 1.037 3
0.50 lbs. Crystal 40L America 1.034 40
0.50 lbs. Cara-Pils Dextrine Malt 1.033 2
0.25 lbs. Chocolate Malt America 1.029 350

0.75 oz. Northern Brewer Whole 8.00 24.3 60 min.
0.75 oz. Northern Brewer Whole 8.00 8.2 20 min.
0.75 oz. Northern Brewer Whole 8.00 4.0 5 min.

1.00 Unit(s)Whirfloc Fining 15 Min.(boil)

White Labs WLP810 San Fransisco Lager

i'm simply replacing the 2-row with Vienna for this recipe, and probably cutting down the aroma hops (maybe dry hop instead of the 5 min) due to shortage.

i made a SMaSH with Vienna plus 1 ounce Northern Brewer at 60, 20, and 5 and it turned out great. my friends are begging for more but i want to try this first.

:mug:

Found a group of guys here in Amarillo that brew. We are planning to have a big brew session next Saturday and introduce me to the world of All Grain brewing. I can't wait. :ban: :ban: :ban: :rockin:

I just bottled six gallons of Weizenbock and harvested four one pint jars of 3056 yeast from the ferm bucket using the "Yeast Washing" sticky as a guide. HBT rules!!

Latest posts

Back