American Brown Ale Brown Out American Brown Ale (Tulsa Fair 2nd place Winner!!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed this back on 10/23 without the dry hopping. Turned out great. Brought some home for family and friends over Thanksgiving, and they were amazed that it was my first batch. Definitely adding this as a base brew.

Reviving this thread! I have to brew an ale for a HBC competition and it looks like this recipe will hit the majority of my ingredients needed.

The hop schedule can be adjusted but the grist is pretty spot-on.

How everyone is dry hopping this? Seven days seems a little long (in my experience) so I may try 3-5 days. Just wondering if you're doing it after primary fermentation has stopped or just on the last seven (or however many) days regardless of activity.

How everyone is dry hopping this? Seven days seems a little long (in my experience) so I may try 3-5 days. Just wondering if you're doing it after primary fermentation has stopped or just on the last seven (or however many) days regardless of activity.
3-5 days is perfect imo. I did it just before bottling, so about day ten from when you pitched your yeast.

My brown ale came out so good that I am planning on keeping it in the '5 house beer rotation'. One of my best this year!

Back