Bottling Robot ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman !

Reaction score
I bottled my Corona clone tonight.

Whenever I wash bottles, I get to thinking how easy it would be to automate most of the process with a small robot. I don't hate bottling and it doesn't take all that long, but it sure wouldn't be hard to automate.

The capping could be easily done with an air cylinder - as long as the bottle didn't stick in the capping head.

The filling could use a small air cylinder to bring down a counter pressure bottling head. Turning the CO2 and beer on and off would be easy with solenoids.

Washing gets a bit tricky because the bottle would have to be turned upside down to drain it. Maybe it would be upside down to wash and rinse too ? Could use a high pressure washer to blast the inside of the bottle and a jet of air to dry it ?

Even if a person had to move the bottles from station to station, it could be pretty darn fast. Maybe have an upside down station for washing the bottle, a filling station and a capping station ?

Anyone else think like this ?

Lest anyone wonders, I have some kegs (4). I do most of my brewing in the winter and thus I need to brew and store just about a whole years supply. Aside from filling, bottles are pretty handy. Storage is a bit of a pain, but still bareable.

Just thinking out loud...

brewman ! said:
Anyone else think like this ?

I do, but once I start thinking about it I can't usually bring myself to undertake the project. It takes me only a few minutes to bottle anymore (with a helper). I cannot justify the cost and time investment.

Fun idea though. One potential obstacle would be dealing with non standard bottle stock. The easy solution would be to just rotate out all non-conforming stock.

Brewman, How'd the Belgian Wit brew session go?
How bout sharing your Corona recipe.

The wit went great. I racked it to secondary last night. If I had to do it again, I'd add the zest in the secondary. I'll be doing that with all my fruit additions from now on. Its cloudy, but it looks good.

I'll share my Corona recipe in a recipe thread once I taste it. I bottled it last night. Its not too far off from the real thing.

Latest posts

Back