New to brewing, Force Carbonation? or natural Carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tha_cyko

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here and I will be brewing my first batch next week. I know that if i force carbonize my beer i can drink it sooner, but is there any added benefits to letting it carbonate on its own?? I am 100% going to be kegging right from the start. So should I brew it, Kegg it and let it sit for a few weeks? or hook it up to the CO2?

Thanks,
David

I started kegging 9 months ago and found it takes about 3 weeks for the beer to become well conditioned whether it is forced carbes or naturually carbed with corn sugar. If you force carb the beer will absorb the co2 faster if it is cold and may get the carb level you are after sooner but it may also still taste a little green, (or at least mine did when I tried to shorten the process to just one week). It will also depend on the size of your co2 source whether you want to force carb (which takes more co2) or carb with corn sugar and then place under serving pressure.

Latest posts

Back