What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damien

ForumRunner_20131018_160531.jpg

In honor of that I'm having some of your 645 porter. Dude. This is a beautiful beer. In today's market I can't think of a beer that this is like, but I'd certainly pay a pretty penny for this beer.

Smells like a porter with a bit of funk, I was thinking to myself that it can't be nearly as lactic as you said it was. Take the first sip and I pucker up, damn! Finishes with a touch of roastiness reminding you that it is indeed a porter.

Hmmm that reminds me maybe I should pull a sample of my Midnight Wheat project.

Sitting on my deck, It's 62 degrees, The sun is out and It's Friday!!! So I am drinking a Short's Brewing - The Curl (Imperial American Pilsner). It's Really, Really Gooood!!! :mug: and It's Friday!!! Priceless!!

HENNEPIN! I think I knew about the Boulevard Duvel merger before it even happened. I bought this hennepin and a bottle of bourbon barrel quad on tuesday. And now Im forced to drink this out of my only tulip, FROM BOULEVARD! schits going down over here :D

2013-10-18 16.57.09.jpg

About to board my flight home. No time for a beer at the airport bar, and probably not worth it anyway. See y'all on the other side.

The only time beer was ever worth it at an airport was a magical experience I had in Minneapolis (maybe) where I got a 22oz of Sam Adams or something for about $8, but they had a shot and beer special so I got a double Knob Creek for something like $2.

I have got the serious rage going right now. Maybe not Nizzle rage, but angrier than I've been in a long time. Won't bore ya'll with the details, but expect some serious Nizzle spelling on my end before too long.

Having some 9% wheat wine now and just poured a couple glasses of BK's port to breath a little before the Mrs gets home. I should probably put my botle of Heresy in the fridge and see what else I've got that's north of 10% while I'm down there.

The only time beer was ever worth it at an airport was a magical experience I had in Minneapolis (maybe) where I got a 22oz of Sam Adams or something for about $8, but they had a shot and beer special so I got a double Knob Creek for something like $2.

I have got the serious rage going right now. Maybe not Nizzle rage, but angrier than I've been in a long time. Won't bore ya'll with the details, but expect some serious Nizzle spelling on my end before too long.

Having some 9% wheat wine now and just poured a couple glasses of BK's port to breath a little before the Mrs gets home. I should probably put my botle of Heresy in the fridge and see what else I've got that's north of 10% while I'm down there.

Uh oh. Quad quad challenge type of night?

Uh oh. Quad quad challenge type of night?

Phhh, I do the quad quad challenge for fun. When we went out in AVL with TheMan and Mrs TheMan last week, I think I had 5 quads after my first 3 beers and before 16oz of Boulevard Saison Brett out of those stupid 8oz 'pilsner' glasses at the bar I hate. I was so hammered I kept giving the bartender a hard time about being a ginger and the $hitty glassware they have. So TheMan sent some gingersnap vodka with my beers today. :D I have snapped a ginger or two in my time, but I married a daywalker. To quote, well, me "I've never understood why I find red headed women so irresistable and red headed men so despicable." I've got a similar rhyme to the coral snake one. :)

TNGabe said:

Just tell us Gabe. Let it all out. We're here for you. ;)

Just tell us Gabe. Let it all out. We're here for you. ;)

I know you guys are, but it's not something I want to get into.

On a lighter note, did anyone know the name 'graf' is from the Dark Tower? Usually something I stay away from, but I like fruit beer. I wonder where the tipping point between fermenting beer with fruit and graf is? Muscadines (scuppernongs) split write open in the freezer. Might do 10 gallons of hoppy wit this weekend and ferment half on those. Gonna try and knock out 3 brews and get caught up on bottling, too.

Phhh, I do the quad quad challenge for fun. When we went out in AVL with TheMan and Mrs TheMan last week, I think I had 5 quads after my first 3 beers and before 16oz of Boulevard Saison Brett out of those stupid 8oz 'pilsner' glasses at the bar I hate. I was so hammered I kept giving the bartender a hard time about being a ginger and the $hitty glassware they have. So TheMan sent some gingersnap vodka with my beers today. :D I have snapped a ginger or two in my time, but I married a daywalker. To quote, well, me "I've never understood why I find red headed women so irresistable and red headed men so despicable." I've got a similar rhyme to the coral snake one. :)

Like this :D

ForumRunner_20131018_180443.jpg

More weekend warrior to stay on topic lol

Back