Good source of Belgian beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janx

Reaction score
Anyone know a place, online or otherwise, to get difficult-to-find Belgian beers? I'd like to find an easy source of Cantillon, but also a source of many of the less-often-imported beers. Thanks!

Janx

I emailed the N.American distributor of Cantillion asking where it can be found (because you said it was the best)....no response, though. :(

Janx said:
Anyone know a place, online or otherwise, to get difficult-to-find Belgian beers? I'd like to find an easy source of Cantillon, but also a source of many of the less-often-imported beers. Thanks!

Janx

Try www.johnsgrocery.com

They have a HUGE selection of brews, including rare belgian farmhouse ales. Definitely worth a look

Another place you may want to check out is the Belgian Shop

not only do they have almost any belgian beer you might desire, but a lot of other products of Belgium, too.

I know, chocolate and cheese can't hold a candle to beer, but oh well.

The glassware link does not work

Wow that one even has Celis White! One of the world's great beers to be sure.

Though it does cost an arm and a leg...

Thanks for the link. Very cool.

I saw this show on Fine Living where they were looking at Belgian Beer. THe monks at this monastery had their own brewery on premises. They only used a few ingredients. Pale ale malt, candied sugar, and hops. They said the beer had a little bit of a cidery flavor..

You're referring to Trappist ales. There are several such monastery breweries still in existence and they make some of the world's greatest, most unique beers. All of them are worth a try, but if you haven't experienced it yet, go get some Chimay. I like all of the styles they make, personally, but it will give you an idea what the Trappist thing is all about. Orval is another you should be able to find.

Back