So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not brewing. But I just finished bottling seven(ish) gallons of Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale. I almost missed by brew day three weeks ago due to rain and delayed pitching the wort into half of it for almost a week because I ran out of year. I am calling it "Rain Delay Pale Ale"

Best of luck everyone whose brewing! :mug:

Knocked out a batch of sweet potato pie ale this morning. Pumped to crack one open around Halloween. Bottling 4 gals of an american brown and 4 gals of an english brown this week too.

it's been a long but successful brew week! Started with a maibock, then a marzen, moved on to a belgian tripple, next a Two hearted clone, and still have to get a rauchebier brewed up. I've got 2 batches of apfelwein going and the ingredients for a hefeweizen.... 40 gallons in my basement... it's going to be a wonderful oktoberfest/Halloween. Most all of those except the apfelwein and 2-hearted were brewers best kits, but the 2 hearted was my first all grain and now I can't stop! :ban:

Finished a batch of English dark ale yesterday... I never can tell whether this type of beer is considered an English Strong Ale or an Old Ale....influenced by Fuller's 1845. Who needs categories anyway...it'll be good!

Getting ready to heat some water for 10 gal batch of APA.

I'm got done around 12:00 and then transferred my hard cider to Keg. My local cider mill was nice enough to fill a fermentor for me fresh pressed apples. After several months I decided to keg it. It tasted great. I used S04 for yeast.

Bottled 5 up my Alaskan Amber clone this morning.
Heating up water shortly for a batch of honey wheat. I'm a little late, but this should be ready for a gathering over Labor Day weekend.
:mug:

I'm about to begin brewing up a juniper ale. I lined my mash tun with juniper branches and have a ****load of fresh berries to use like hops. Base of Golden Promise and some wheat. Shooting for a 1.085 on this test batch. Likely just gonna use up some leftover hops and see how it goes.

Working until 3am last night put a damper on my getting up early and brewing today plan. Oh well, that's what Mondays are for!

Gingerbread ale last night (based on Mosher's recipe). Brown ale base (very low IBU) and added Saigon Cinnamon, Ginger, Allspice and Clove at the end of the boil. Smells AMAZING. really looking forward to this one.

Brewing up an Oktoberfest tonight here in VA. First Lager, we'll see what we can do.

I just sat down after a rather uneventful brewday (thankfully). Beautiful day to brew an amber with all amarillo hops. Only minor messup was a boilover as I was heating up the first runnings, waiting on the sparge.

Finally home without house guests for the first time in two months, so I brewed up 10gal of the Maiden Voyage pale ale from last month's BYO. The brew day wasn't without a few glitches, so I'm calling this batch Shipwrecked Pale Ale.

I am 20 minutes into the boil as we speak. Lemongrass Wheat Ale. I tried a different method for sparging and wound up with too much water in my main brew pot. It is filled to approx. 1in below the top. I almost had a boilover but caught it just in time! I am really hopeful for this new recipe!

Banged out 10g of an IBA in about 5.5 hours from mash-in to end of knockout, one of my faster brewdays. Of course, wasn't able to chill down below 80F or so, so the carboys are in the keezer waiting for yeast.

10 Gallons of CitrAm for this years Charlotte Oktoberfest with 3 other brewers tomorrow. Should be a fun day!

On Sunday I'll be brewing 6 gallons of dry stout and sharing my all grain process with a new extract brewer.

annual pumpkin spice ale tonight....

22# CMC 2-row
2# C60L
1# Carapils
2.25# Special Roast
1.5# Biscuit
1# light Munich
1.5# wheat
2# Dark brown Sugar

1.75oz Sterling 7% aa at 60

1/2tsp. cinnamon @1min
1/2tsp. nutmeg @1min