So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile, tomorrow's supposed to be rainy and cool, so it sounds like a great day to get a batch of American Amber Ale into the fermenter -- my grass is already green, and it's going to need mowing someday soon. Need something tasty to cool down with afterwards...

60 minute hops, including 1# of habaneros and jalapenos. This Habanero Pale Ale is gonna be a scorcher.
1710016869556.png

60 minute hops, including 1# of habaneros and jalapenos. This Habanero Pale Ale is gonna be a scorcher.
View attachment 843683
If I drank a couple of those I'd have to quickly follow up with a big bowl of ice cream. That way, the next day, when I'm sitting in agony in the "big room" I'd be yelling, "come on ice cream!!!" :D

Top Dawg on the Glutton For Punishment List :rock:
Didn't I read a post of yours recently where you brewed a "hot batch" like this one and had smoke coming out of your ears or something :p

Cheers!

Brewing this today. I hit all my numbers and she's as black as squid ink. Should be a good one...

View attachment 841532

This turned out well, and I'm really enjoying it. The only problem is that there must be a hole in my keg, because the beer is disappearing quickly.

20240313_150528.jpg

I`m an avid hothead, used to be a card carrying member of the Finnish chili association and had a big hydroponic greenhouse in my mom`s yard when we were still living in the same town, still use hot sauces on a daily basis but probly wouldn`t enjoy capsaicin IN my beer...

Just milled the grains and have the yeast starters on the go for 4 different 5 gallon beers to be brewed tomorrow.

1 & 2. - Split batch with 84% Belgian Pilsner, 1.5% Aromatic malt and 14.5% Table Sugar
-1. Belgian Triple with WLP530
-2. Brett beer co pitched with BE-134 Saison & WLP645
3. NZ Pils with WLP833 German Bock yeast warm fermented at 18oC - Waiema and Taiheke hops and almost 100% Irish Hook Head lager malt with a bit of carapils
4. Stone Runination 2.0 IIPA clone

Just brewed my first breakfast cereal beer: "Honey Bunches of Ale" with 1.5lb six row, 6oz C20, 2oz acid malt, 1.5lb HBoO w/ Almonds, 8oz toasted oats. OG 1.057 was higher than I expected; I guess that the high sugar and starch content means lots of extractables.

Tried brewing my first IPA today and ran into some difficulties. Exceeded my mash efficiency but I've apparently messed up something with my boil off rate and I'm now stuck with a very hoppy Pale Ale. I think and hope that it'll still end up being decent.

Brewed ~5 gal Enza-style cold IPA. Mostly uneventful, except for an unusual amount of foam in the wort after mashing. First time I've encountered this in 34 batches.
Also, if someone hapless like myself loses the smaller cap on a 32-oz Star-San, the cap from a Frank's Red Hot fits perfectly.

Attachments

• 20240317_142205.jpg
    20240317_142205.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240317_160947.jpg
    20240317_160947.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
finished a batch of 40% wheat summer drinker earlier today. in the buckets at 1.050. the T58 elixir should go down nicely on the hot days. This beer brightens up very well, most casual drinkers don't notice the amount of wheat in it. next up all vienna esb experiment.

Back