So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrubbed out my boil kettle and ready to do a pilsner Saaz smash this weekend. Fixed up the burner and located the IC last week. Re-cured the kettle and did the mod on my Walmart turkey fryer timer. Piece of cake. All that's left is to build a ghetto mill ( I've got just the right BD drill for it.)I hope the weather in the NorthwestCorner cooperates.
I think I'll have to do something like a Porter for St Paddy's day, now that I think of it!

Brewed an all-grain leftover ingredients ipa. Not a great brew-day but learned a lot. Tomorrow I watch/assist my wife as she makes a cream ale. Can't wait!

At least one batch this weekend. An American amber and maybe a pale ale if I get motivated to clean up. Ah, it sounds like a grand weekend

Brew club is doing a big brew day.

Brewing a Belgian Rye Imperial Stout (60 gal) to age in a Templeton Rye Barrel.

Should be a blast.

15 gallons. Super stoked! Driving across the state to help a friend use his AG setup for the first time. Should be a blast!

5 of Black IPA
5 of a different Black IPA
5 of a regular IPA

Making a yeast starter today for a Bavarian double bock I'm brewing Sunday, and racking Whiskey Stout on to 2.5oz whiskey barrel chips of 375ml Johnny Walker Black which has been soaking for two weeks. Can't wait!

Brewing a gluten free beer for the swmbo. 6lbs brown rice syrup, 1oz willamette @ 60, 1oz Mt Hood @ 15, safale s-04. Steeping toasted buckwheat. Any one tried GF with brown rice syrup. This is a total experiment for me.

Brewing tomorrow. I have two AG kits that I got for Christmas and gotta decide tonight which it will be. Both are NB kits -not quite kits- just grain and hops. One is a double IPA, the other is called Big Honkin' Stout. I have two packs of US05 on hand. I suppose that will work for either brew. Any opinions on which beer is better suited to the US05?

i think i have diarrhea brewing in my stomach right now. thank you spell check for letting me keep my dignity.

Brewing a ho-hum Irish Red on Sunday. Should be good, but lacks a little excitement. Sometimes you gotta keep the wife happy.

Looks like it should be partly cloudy and 60 degrees this weekend. Plus the fiance asked if it was to be a brew weekend.

Finally going to brew up a RR Temptation clone and a Dark Sour. Good timing. Get to rack into my two empty carboys right before vacation.

So in about 12-15 months, I'll have 3 sours all bottled. Woot c'mon Summer 2013 ;)

I really should brew up an APA or IPA, but we'll see. I think it's almost a stay at home weekend since my wife probably has to work a good amount of it and the kids are having friends over.

But I brewed last weekend and it wouldn't be nice to have all the fun while my wife has to spend so much extra time at the Looney Bin.

Then again, if I start early enough, I can be done and working around the house by the time she gets back home...

Brewing my first batch tomorrow.

It's a Fat Tire clone (Flat Tire) I picked up at the LHBS a few days back. It's an extract w/ specialty grains that I'm really looking forward to putting together. I just oxidized my BK last night and made sure the burner and propane tank were functioning.

I'll be posting pics and methods in the beginers threads soon.

Mashing right now, I made up an ipa recipe last night.

9 lbs pale 2-row
2 lbs munich
.5 lb crystal 60

Bittering with Columbus
flavor, aroma, and dry hop with Amarillo

Us05

I'll be bottling two batches and brewing two batches, a saison and a clone of Surly's Bitter Brewer. Congratulations, Mase! Call me if you need anything.

Hopefully getting the wife involved in making a 5 gallon batch of austin's blue moon clone this weekend.

Back