So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a 5g nut brown ale yesterday. just finished grinding the grain for 5 g's of a belgian strong dark and 11 g's of a cream ale. i sealed and froze the grain, and will do both of those next weekend.

a_w_taylor said:
Just closed the bucket on an AG honey wheat. I harvested and stepped the yeast from a 6'r of Bell's 2 Hearted - half went in the wheat brew and half got washed and stored for later.

I started doing this on a batch of oberon last year but never got around to stepping it up and using it. I hear its best to use that or the amber though, because its a lower abv and ibu. Either way I bet it'll be awesome! I think the yeast really attributes to the flavor of Bells incredible lineup!

Bottled another Pecan porter (one of my favs) and brewed a Maibock. When I tasted the cooled wort it had a very sweet tast followed by a bitter bite. I think it will be real good !

Not the weekend, but I will be brewing a batch of Peanut Butter Porter this week (maybe as soon as tomorrow), and I'll keg/dry hop/mahogany my IPA.

Brewed an all grain American IPA (one of Austin Home Brews Anniversary kits). I hit the OG dead one at 1.51 but only yielded 4.75 gallons instead of 5 gallons but I am okay with that. I dumped on top of a yeast bed from a Black IPA that I just racked to a corny to dry hop with cascade. Hoping in the next two weeks to brew an Amber (also an anniversary kit) and dump on a yeast bed from a milk chocolate stout that I have in primary. I know I could wash the yeast and re-suse but there is something to be said for not having to wash and sanitize a carboy.

What a trying brew day. Was brewing a small batch of belgian blonde to serve as a starter for a westy 12 brew in a few weeks. I got a late start, as always, and thing went well right up to the boil. Well, right before the boil, I headed to the freezer to get the hops out and realized that my memory for what was in the freezer didn't match what was actually there. Where the fark are my EKG and KGs? Decided on Hallertauer for bittering and flavor and saaz for flavor and aroma. Just before I came to that decision though, I heard that unmistakable sound of sizzling sugar. I managed to forget that I had full pot coming up to boil. Had a much longer than anticipated boil and when combined with the boilover, I ended up overshooting my gravity by .03 and only had about 4.75 gallons into the fermenter.

On a positive note, I found out that it takes exactly 9 gallons of water to cool 5 gallons from boiling to 80 degrees. I collected all of the chill water in the MLT and added a scoop of oxiclean. That thing was due for a cleaning...

All in all a good brew day.

Brewing my ipa and I realized I have more Amarillo hops than I originals planned. Not complaining just excited. Happy accident.

Had a brewday fail this weekend.

Just as I was ready to dough in, my cooler started leaking like crazy. Disassembly shows a crack in the inner liner extending past the gasket. No RTV silicone at home, so I canceled the brew until I get the cooler fixed this week.

To add injury to insult, my pipeline's empty.

Just brewed up 5.25Gals of English Bitter, dropped an ounce into the secondary with an Orange Pale Ale and transferred Belgian Wit into the secondary with a small dose of additional spice (1/8 tsp of Orange and Coriander) since it tasted a bit too light.

Just not looking forward to bottling 10.5 gallons of beer next weekend!!

First two batch day of the year, a 70/- and a Blonde ale. 11 hours of brewing but worth it for a now full pipeline.

Since my "weekend" is Tuesday and Wednesday I am brewing Tuesday!

I have a Caribou Slobber all grain kit from NB. I think I will try a double decoction. The yeast is going to be an experiment also. I have the Northwest Ale the came with the kit and a seasonal special Bier de Garde yeast that I made slants from. So I threw that in to the starter also.

Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I brewed on Saturday - 5 gallons of the Speckled Heifer kit from NB, except I used the last 0.25 oz. of Cluster hops @ flameout and I'm fermenting with Cali Lager yeast.

This one is hopefully going with us on my bachelor party in a month!

My weekend is Sunday and Monday. I'm brewing a Railbender Clone from Erie Brewing. I couldn't find a recipe anywhere so I e-mailed the brewery and they sent me the exact recipe for a 5 gal batch! Those guys are awesome!

I have a Belgian Saison boiling away right now. Why is it that whenever my boil begins the wind picks up? F U wind.

Brewing two mini-batches this weekend - 1.25 gallons each. Getting ready for a car show in July at which I'll bring two cases (standard batch) of whatever the final recipe ends up being!

Doing my first Hefe. Jamil Z's recipe with WY3068. Need to fill up the pipeline, with a quick turnaround beer and now that spring is here, seems like an appropriate brew. If somehow I get real lucky and have time to brew twice, I might do a Surly Bender clone.

I am! Got the starter going yesterday and today seperated my hops. I'll hit the LHBS this afternoon for the grains and it'll be game on at 8a tomorrow morning. Perhaps I'll do a brewcast and stream it live via this interweb thingy!

I'm brewing Humphrey's Razzmsazz on Sunday night at my brew house, Humphrey's Closet Brewing (my house). It's a raspberry wheat based off a very plain american wheat with all sazz hops, and then 2 lbs of frozen raspberries in the secondary. This one will be a partial mash done on the stove top.

:mug:

I am working on eschatz' Two-Hearted clone recipe using DB's all-grain stove-top process tonight. Just about a quarter way through the mash at this moment.

Milled our grains and picked up the yeast from our local (and only) craft brewery yesterday for a Mac and Jack African Amber Ale clone - we are calling it Mao's Red Hat Amber - and we'll be brewing it up on Sunday morning our time.

Brewing the 21A Bitter American kit from MoreBeer on Monday. I haven't found the cans available near me yet, so I figured I'd just brew it.

My two AHS Anniversary kits arrived today. I'm brewing the Amber on Sunday, and the Stout come Wednesday. 10 gallons of beer, and just in time; my pipeline has completely run dry (excepting all the homebrew I've specifically set aside to age, so that doesn't really count). Stoked!

Back