Labeling Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
Hello,

I just read the posts on what type of paper and "glue" to use for the labels but I have a couple of quesitons about creating the labels. Do a lot of you use that emblem/logo site that is posted on here?

What are the standard dimensions for labels and do you just fit like four on a page when you print? I know these are basic questions but I've never done this before. I'd really appreicate it if someone could elaborate on what programs they use and briefly how you do it.

There are some sweet looking labels by guys on here. Thanks.

John

A lot of folks print out their labels on a laser printer, then cut with scissors, and use milk to adhere the label. It comes off every easy that way.

There's no standard size as many bottles are used. I usually can get 6 labels per page.

Thanks for the reply. What program do you use to design the labels??

Thanks for the reply. What program do you use to design the labels??

At the most basic, you could use Paint.net.

A step up (but still free) would be something like GIMP.

If you've got access to it, the adobe suite is probably the best... illustrator & Photoshop. I wouldn't recommend buying it just for labels, but it's the most pirated software in existence so ;) .

I'd try GIMP if you're serious about image editing, you can grab photoshop later if you feel it's necessary.

I do mine about 3.5" x 4" and get 4/page. I have them printed up at Staples on a nice laser printer for about 12 cents/label (8c/label if color copies are on sale).

I do my photography editing in Photoshop and then use Microsoft Publisher to do layout. If you've got MS Publisher it's quite easy to use. It comes in the MS Office suites.

Back