Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growler idea is very interesting. Maybe a growler plus a couple bombers swap?

I do like the growler thing...put I kinda had a thought after posting haha...it could work really well or really bad.

I imagine some people might not have an easy time getting to a place for a growler fill and it could delay things. Plus, we had a lot of breakage last round...growlers are not much different from bottles, but it does add a new variable. I might have to hold off on a growler involved round till we have a few rounds with no breakage.

I say we go for a variety round! No doubles unless they are a world class beer, have to use at least 3 different types of container, can be growler, can, regular bottle, bomber. Must be at least 4 different styles of beer included. Include at least one rare beer, be it barrel aged, limited distribution, brewery only release.

Take any or all of those ideas and make a variety round!

I say we go for a variety round! No doubles unless they are a world class beer, have to use at least 3 different types of container, can be growler, can, regular bottle, bomber. Must be at least 4 different styles of beer included. Include at least one rare beer, be it barrel aged, limited distribution, brewery only release.

Take any or all of those ideas and make a variety round!

The only problem I see is requiring a rare beer. Thats all up to individual interpretation. I want to eliminate as much subjectivity as possible.

I do like the rest of your ideas. Might take a little inspiration from them.

Due to the breakage and how it changed half way through the first round I say we do Can only and include Indytruck138 idea of a verity round, no doubles, no exceptions. 200oz is always a good number or we can jack it up to 300oz and destroy each others porches.

I would love to do all sour...but I dont know that there is enough local sour stuff to send. I think most of us get the same distribution of import stuff too

I would love to do all sour...but I dont know that there is enough local sour stuff to send. I think most of us get the same distribution of import stuff too

Two bottle sour plus 72 (six pack) ounces of local beer swap?

thatjonguy said:
Two bottle sour plus 72 (six pack) ounces of local beer swap?

Not a bad idea. I would love to do sours and have a ton of options to send, but I'm not sure I could afford the $$ to send 200 oz of the best of colorado sours.

If enough people chime in, ill host a sour round. I would sit out as I am not confident that I can find even two sours that others cant. I would have to be matched up with certain states. Since its a random draw though, I cant say for sure I would be able.

If enough people chime in, ill host a sour round. I would sit out as I am not confident that I can find even two sours that others cant. I would have to be matched up with certain states. Since its a random draw though, I cant say for sure I would be able.

I know I can't find enough sours that aren't distributed in other areas. I do smell a bunch of side traders getting together because of this though.

It's a little hard for me to do an all can trade since there is only 3 local breweries that can in CA. How about each member chooses 3 styles. the trade can consist of cans or bottle with a min of 200oz.

How about something simple, another bomber round? 120oz. In bombers only? That's six 22 oz. Bottles.

And ill let everyone choose one style they do NOT want.

Growler idea is very interesting. Maybe a growler plus a couple bombers swap?

Not a good idea IMO, most dont have places that counter-pressure fill, and when left with that residual o2 in hand filled growlers shipping them across the country would end up with oxidized brew.
Ive also heard of caps leaking with altitude variances.

How about something simple, another bomber round? 120oz. In bombers only? That's six 22 oz. Bottles.

And ill let everyone choose one style they do NOT want.

Like round 2?!?

I would be down for only cans, for the people saying that no local breweries can, im sure we can do something like last round where its just anti-local to your partner. Dosent have to be manufactured local to you, just something your buddy cant get in his distrobution.

Also maybe we can add something like a perishible food item or glassware from a local brewery (no shaker pints) as a requirement?

Not a good idea IMO, most dont have places that counter-pressure fill, and when left with that residual o2 in hand filled growlers shipping them across the country would end up with oxidized brew.
Ive also heard of caps leaking with altitude variances.

Like round 2?!?

I would be down for only cans, for the people saying that no local breweries can, im sure we can do something like last round where its just anti-local to your partner. Dosent have to be manufactured local to you, just something your buddy cant get in his distrobution.

Also maybe we can add something like a perishible food item or glassware from a local brewery (no shaker pints) as a requirement?

Well, round 2 was dollar based. A volume based bomber round would be more even all around, and I think, better.

Cans only is still a viable option.

And I was brainstorming what kind of extra to have everyone include, maybe just a piece of brewerania? Glass, bottle opener, shirt, etc. What kinds of food would you suggest?

I like the idea of bombers or cans only, plus the addition of some sort of brew swag. I'll be in again. This last round was a blast!

I like the idea of 6 bombers, mostly because the shipping containers I have hold six so nicely. Cans and swag would be fun though. No complaints from me either way.

I've totally been lurking, but would be down for 6 bombers plus brewery swag. I really like the idea of a local brewery's glass wear.

I've totally been lurking, but would be down for 6 bombers plus brewery swag. I really like the idea of a local brewery's glass wear.

Me too. I want in on this next round. Last round was fun. Ready to try more@

How about everyone sends a bomber of something that would lend well to aging and we all drink it a year later?

Well, keep your eyes open. Ill start up the next round the next chance I get...football is on now so I likely wont do it tonight

Well, round 2 was dollar based. A volume based bomber round would be more even all around, and I think, better.

Cans only is still a viable option.

And I was brainstorming what kind of extra to have everyone include, maybe just a piece of brewerania? Glass, bottle opener, shirt, etc. What kinds of food would you suggest?

I do like the volume better than $ limit.

I think it should be a $ amount on the brewerania though, say 20$ in swag//glassware.
Shirts/Clothing should be omitted unless u want to grab sizes from everyone, or weather or not they prefer shirts/clothing (I would prefer glassware/unique bottle openers)

As for food maybe Local Bag o nuts, pretzels, dip, bbq rub...might be stretching with this one.

This is getting complicated. I may be sitting out a round

Food can be omitted also, just figured we could add some brewery swag that's otherwise unattainable.
We can make "unique" the only requirement and instead of $ change it to 1 or 2 pieces.

Unique glass, Unique bottle opener or Unique swag.
Just something "different"...

Alright, I'm creating the new round now...give me a few minutes and It will pop up.

Back