Triple Hopped? Was I that drunk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank99

Reaction score
I admit I had way too much to drink this weekend, but I could swear I saw a commercial (Miller?) that said it was "triple hopped." Was I hallucinating?

Yeah, Miller Lite's been advertising that since last summer atleast. As for your question, I have no idea if it's really triple hopped. If it is, they don't put much in at a time.

Yeah, I have 3 small kids, so usually the TV is set to SpongeBob or something and they don't advertise beer :D. It's all coming back to me... Yes I saw the Vortex bottle ad also. WTF?

We've got triple hop brewing from Miller, and the disappearing mountain can as a temperature gauge from Coors. Anyone remember Miller Beer and the "we only use the heart of the hops" campaign? I'm waiting for Budweiser's next marketing ploy.

I'm thinking they could come up with something like "Whole Malt Brewing - we at Budweiser use the entire corn of barley, for the most crisp, clean malt flavor possible!"

The last Mid-Atlantic Brewing News I read had an article about the decline of advertising quality of the big three. It was pretty amusing. The author reminisced about the old ads (remember the frogs?) and then talked **** on “Triple Hops”, “Drinkability” and the cold can. They also had statistics that showed the Coldness ad campaign and marketing strategy for Coors is winning the marketshare increase of late.

Favorite line from the article (paraphrasing), “…and what the hell is Drinkability anyway? Aren’t all beers drinkable? We don’t see McDonalds stealing sales from Burger King because their burgers have more Eatability.”

Favorite line from the article (paraphrasing), “…and what the hell is Drinkability anyway? Aren’t all beers drinkable? We don’t see McDonalds stealing sales from Burger King because their burgers have more Eatability.”

hilarious, in its truth.

I've never been one to snub our domestic light beers, and at the bottom of that list is coors. ranking lower than even the "discount" brands, so I for one appreciate that the bottle/can tells me when its cold enough to drink without having fear of actually tasting whatever they add that makes the water yellow.

Why use a vortex bottle when you can shotgun a can?

Although it looks like an improved bottleneck grip for shiving somebody in a bar fight.

Have you guys seen the latest Bud Light ads or heard them on the radio? The slogan is "Here we go"

I'm at a loss for words. How exactly does that do anything for their brand?

Triple hopped with a vortex bottle! It will be like an amazing hop assault on your tongue!

Triple hopped? Are they nuts! That is just too many hops, nobody will drink a beer that bitter.

I'm not sure why it is so offensive for Miller to say they add hops at 3 times just because other breweries do that too.

Russian River says on their website that Russian River IPA is dry hopped. I am pretty sure other beers are dry hopped. Vinnie is such a ****** for pointing out that he dry hops when all these other beers are dry hopped, amiright?

I'm not sure why it is so offensive for Miller to say they add hops at 3 times just because other breweries do that too.

It's not "actually" offensive, in the "I just groped your mother's canteloupes" sense of the term.

It's more like a sport. Some people have basketball, some people have rugby, some people have football (or that sport that other countries play). We play "Kick the BMC", and the Triple Hop Brewing is a technical foul.

If anyone here was actually offended, I'd say they've either had too much beer, or not enough.

I miss the old ads. Remember "Real American Heroes?" Baller, it made me want to buy Bud before I was of age.

Modern BMC advertising is weak.

Coors actually is pretty smart as they want to be sure it's so cold you can't really taste anything. I can see the executives at the marketing meeting, "I think it's best if we make sure they taste as little as possible...make sure the temp is just above freezing..."

I'm actually working on an experimental BMC clone right now - I'm basically soaking cardboard in water, but don't know where to go from here.

I'm actually working on an experimental BMC clone right now - I'm basically soaking cardboard in water, but don't know where to go from here.

Well, after soaking the cardboard, you will have to add some flavor, so grab a handful of lawnmower clippings add those 5 minute before flame out.
Somewhere along line you will have to add some yeast, yes?
I sense a classic coming from this ...LOL! :drunk:

I miss the old ads. Remember "Real American Heroes?" Baller, it made me want to buy Bud before I was of age.

There are two Real American Heros I'll never forget.

1. Driving Range Ball Picker Up Guy, "The rules call for 'friendly fire', but you know we're all gunning for you."

2. Walking Dog For a Friend When They Are On Vacation Guy:
Guy: So she was gone for, like, three days.
Announcer: He walked the dog for three days!
Guy: Well, not continuously...

The "Real American Heroes" ads are still running, but back around 9/11 they changed it to "Real Men of Genius" I heard an interview where they said that they thought that folks like firefighters and cops are real American heroes and they decided to switch the campaign.

My favorite is "Mister Really Big Taco Salad Inventor" "It's 12000 calories, but is it healthy? Of course, its a salad!"

The other random bit of trivia... the singer is the former lead singer of the band Survivor ("eye of the tiger")

Russian River says on their website that Russian River IPA is dry hopped. I am pretty sure other beers are dry hopped. Vinnie is such a ****** for pointing out that he dry hops when all these other beers are dry hopped, amiright?

It's just kind of silly is all. I like Miller Lite, but why advertise a beer on it's hoppiness if it has absolutely no hop character? Average Joe won't know what triple hops brewed means, someone who knows what it means won't like the beer.

My guess is, average joe knows hops are something in beer...and saying it's Triple Hops Brewed makes it sound triple better! I mean, nobody knows what the hell "cold filtered" means but it's been on MGD cans for who knows how long

It's just kind of silly is all. I like Miller Lite, but why advertise a beer on it's hoppiness if it has absolutely no hop character? Average Joe won't know what triple hops brewed means, someone who knows what it means won't like the beer.

My guess is, average joe knows hops are something in beer...and saying it's Triple Hops Brewed makes it sound triple better! I mean, nobody knows what the hell "cold filtered" means but it's been on MGD cans for who knows how long

I completely agree with this... the average person knows that beer is made with "barley, hops, and yeast" and thats it. Let me give you a little example, I work at a firm that every Friday we have an educational forum at around 3:30. At this forum, every grabs a couple beers, we head into the board room and take turns giving a presentation on random crap! I work with a real deucher who thinks hes a beer snob, but every time he crabs a beer, it's a miller lite. Granted, we don't get top of the line craft beers, but we get stuff such as sierra nevada, flying dog, the occasional dogfish head, etc, etc. Anyways... hes always ragging on how much he knows about beer, until yesterday when he asked me if my wheat beer needed hops, or would the hops make it sour? I looked at him funny and said "no typically all of my beers have hops in them". This just goes to show miller is trying to appeal to the numb nuts who think they know beer.

I work at a firm that every Friday we have an educational forum at around 3:30. At this forum, every grabs a couple beers, we head into the board room and take turns giving a presentation on random crap!

Jesus I should have went to college so I could have a job like this, LOL

Jesus I should have went to college so I could have a job like this, LOL

Half the people that attend didn't go to college, but they did go to technical school. It's funny how experienced can sometimes the educate the educated. I, among others learned this first hand! :mug:

Latest posts

Back