"lite" beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah i probably should, my friends are more into drinking quantity then quality. Also i should have been more specific and said a lite ale since i cant lager sorry for not stating that earlier. As for going and buying a pack of something, id rather just brew it and get the experience. Basically ive come to the understanding with my gal and guy friends if the beer isnt watery, golden, or see through they wont like it. I liked the hello kitty cozy idea though i might have to do that.

I have friends the same way. They humor me when I offer them home brew and just means more for me if they don't like it. Practice makes perfect and people here are great at helping.

Hey guys thanks for the good adivice im glad to see there are people who enjoy beers that arent plastered on the side of a racecar. Im probably going to go with Biermunchers centennial blonde or the cream ale. Also biermuncher how do you get your beer so clear?? My first ag homebrew came out hazy and hard to see through.

What yeast do you use, BM? And do you do a cereal mash to get the protein haze out of the rice, or does minute rice not have that problem? How do you mash?

...biermuncher how do you get your beer so clear?? My first ag homebrew came out hazy and hard to see through.

There is no need to do a cereal mash on Minute Rice. That's why I prefer it. It is already cooked. Just toss it into the mash tun with all the other grist.

This recipe, because it has a lighter barley bill, will clear up pretty nicely.

Several things help a lot:

• A good hard boil
  • Whirlfloc tablets (or irish moss) the last 15 minutes of boil
  • 1/2Tbs of unflavored gelatin dissolved in 1/2 cup of hot water (not boiling) added to the secondary or the keg after fermentation is complete.

Back