New(ish) Homebrew Shops in Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosaisu

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out either of the following:

CO-Brew
I've been in twice, fantastic location, friendly staff, and a nice clean setup but prices are mostly unmarked (maybe they're still setting up?) and the grains seemed a bit steep (I paid $6 for a pound of acidulated malt -- not sure if this is representative of their grain prices across the board or an outlier, but couldn't tell because prices weren't posted).

Grainy Days
Nice website and the grain prices look reasonable, but I haven't been as it's a bit of a hike from NW Denver. May have been around for a while but just learned of them through an email advertising a 5% AHA member discount.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on these two shops (as well as any others that may have popped up in Denver recently that I've omitted).

I really like Grainy Days although it's very small (think strip mall like Quirky but 1/4 of the space).

I really liked using them for grain when I was living by them and what I really liked was their hours (they are open pretty late in the afternoon/night whereas most shops close around 6). What I didn't like about them was the equipment selection - if I was looking to set up some sophisticated system I would go to one of the other guys. Their grain prices were absolutely in line with everyone else. Customer service was good. Last time I was in the shop was about 16 months ago, so they may have changed since then.

Co-Brew - Went by their shop on a Monday once and they were not open. Looked like they had a large selection. Because of their location (downtown) I'd expect them to have high prices to pay the expensive rents in that area, but who the heck knows. Will try to visit them on another day.

Back