Beer Engine on Ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, looks like it was designed by a company that made hand-powered kitchen pumps. Almost makes me wish I purchased things from e-bay.

I just took the bidding up from $20. to over $40.

Seems like someone wants it badly or the seller has it rigged the price to go much higher...they do that sometimes...they have a friend place very high bids on it then when their friends win the auction the seller comes back to you saying the highest bidder passed on the "deal"...:mad:

Damn it hit 224. Ya it sucks people always have friends or second accounts bump their auctions! Not saying it was done here but just agreeing it sucks.

Taipans said:
Damn it hit 224. Ya it sucks people always have friends or second accounts bump their auctions! Not saying it was done here but just agreeing it sucks.

I have never quite figured out why anyone bids before the last 10 minutes.

Some people set a maximum bid and then leave it alone. That way they dont' have to keep checking it, or possibly forget about it. Also, it allows you to set a limit and not get too excited if the bidding gets too high.

I do this all the time. I just set my maximum value for the item, and if it goes above that "oh well". Took me about 6 tries to get a Digitech GNX3 Guitar Workstation, but I finally did end up getting a nice one at the price I wanted. If I'd bid at the last 10 minutes, I'd probalby have ended up paying too much for the first ones.

Back