Kansas City Bier Meisters Competition Feb 17 & 18, 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duxx

Reaction score
The 2012 Kansas City Bier Meisters 29th Annual Homebrewing Competition will be held February 17-18th. The registration window is Jan 9 to Feb 11.

New for 2012 we have a redesigned web presence at Kansas City Bier Meisters - KCBM Competition

If you are interested in judging or stewarding that would be awesome. Our awards banquet will feature Stan Hieronymous as keynote speaker.

You can check out the results and sponsors of last year’s competition at Kansas City Bier Meisters Homebrew Competition Our 2011 competition drew more than 118 attendees from across the country and 426 entries.

I sent in three entries. It's my first time to enter one of these. I'm just looking for feedback, should be interesting. Good luck!

Newbrewjay - you can purchase tickets to the banquet: http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/kcbm-competition.html

I purchased one, and it sounds great:

Saturday's banquet speaker is Stan Hieronymous, who has written several books and maintains a beer-related blog.

The awards banquet will feature courses from Kansas City's newest charcuterie shop, The Local Pig.

6pm: Hors d'oeuvres: free-range deviled eggs, grass-fed beef meatballs, and semolina pigs in a blanket with maple-onion relish.

7pm: Banquet begins and will be served family-style: Pate, pork belly stuffed with rosemary & roasted garlic sausage, root vegetables glazed in malt syrup, Vegemite sauce, and barley risotto with basil & hops.

Dinner will be followed by a cheese and jam course featuring locally sourced cheeses, candied nuts, fruit & herb jams

So is it just Dinner? This would be my first time to attend i have seen the club online. Always wanted to go to an event.

Dinner, presentation, and lots of beer donated by local breweries. Not to mention a great night to talk to fellow beer enthusiasts.

Back