Official 2011 "Pay It Foward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to the homebrew scene and haven't yet accumulated too much extra stuff. I do however have a 1.5" octagonal stir bar that I ordered but which proved too long for my dyi stir plate. Free for the asking.

Claimed by FastAndy

Hmmmm...

hey guys, if you take something from someone, you're supposed to give up something for someone else. that's how this game is played on my other forums....

to all those "givers" - :mug:

to all those "takers" - come on man!

Nope, not necessary. Some new brewers just might not have any extra or excess stuff at this point. That's ok.

Extra Set of Chest freezer hindges. Got 2 sets in last years "pay it forward" and only used one. You can put double hinges on your keezer like this:
248fa32b.jpg

9ef72c9c.jpg

Dave_Miller.jpg

Almost new, read once, referenced a few times, spine not broken. Good beginner and intermediate info. I just reference my Papazian books more.

PM shipping info to me if interested. 1st PM takes it.

Extra Set of Chest freezer hindges. Got 2 sets in last years "pay it forward" and only used one. You can put double hinges on your keezer like this:
248fa32b.jpg

9ef72c9c.jpg

I'd love the hinges if their universal. I have an Kenmore 8.8 that I need to build a collar for. Will these work? And would the collar be able to stay up without being braced up?

Thanks
sal

Its in the name of the thread.
If you are lucky enough to receive an item from another member, you are supposed to pay that luck forward, by giving up an item for the next lucky member that wants it. Hence the name PAY IT FORWARD. Not give your stuff away to greedy people that don't return the favor to someone else.

I think the concept is a bit looser. If you feel as though you're doing well, that you're comfortable in your situation and feeling well-off, that you may wish to be a little selfless. The brewniverse has treated you right, and now you can give back as a token of your appreciation for your own fortunes. I don't think it necessarily means that someone has to have helped you out directly from this thread... more that you are feeling generally grateful and generous.

Naturally, I also think it's nice if recipients can return the favor, but I don't think it's mandatory. I would imagine that receiving a nice gift is a sentiment that most people will carry with them, and so even if not a possibility now, the favour will be forwarded at some point in the future. Karma doesn't really work on a fixed schedule.

Sadly, I don't really have anything to offer-up... wish I did though. I'm pretty broke right now anyway, having been out of work since the summer. Hopefully the new year will put me in a situation where I can give something back to this great community.

I'm pretty broke right now anyway, having been out of work since the summer.

I've been out of work for several months too. Here's hoping we find some jobs soon!

I did win a great item here and posted a book back today. Good news is I now can donate beer to the art gallery openings, that shows my work. Spreading home brew to people how may not have tried it before! Jockey box should be done soon.

I have taken an item or two over the years, and it does feel good to give back a bit, even if it is just a book. as a side note I did give my 2 for 1 BREW subscription away to a new member here just a few days before the pay it forward started. which to me was cool as I got my subscrip last year from this thread.

anyway, good luck on job search stanzela! I'm there with ya! Hope santa brings jobs!

starrfish said:
I've been out of work for several months too. Here's hoping we find some jobs soon!

I can't help you out with work, but want this 4 ounces of Zeus booherg didn't take? They are a great high alpha bittering hop.

Thanks but already got my "pay it forward" for 2011, a single tap tower so I can take homebrew & a jockey box to the gallery when I show my paintings! Just need someone to take the Dave Miller book.

I can't help you out with work, but want this 4 ounces of Zeus booherg didn't take? They are a great high alpha bittering hop.

I would love some Zeus hops if you still have them!

I have an extra copy of "How to Brew" by Palmer if one wants it.

Is the dave miller book really informative?

And I hope y'all find a job too. I know how hard it is to find one luckly I got one straight out of college. Sadly I'm just starting so I don't have any to give. Maybe next year I will put something up

I have a 16 OZ bag of Hallertau Mittelfruh hops at 3.4% AA. Still in vacuum packed bag up for grabs.

I have learned so much here, it is nice to have a way to say thanks!

Gone to acefaser

Dave_Miller.jpg

Almost new, read once, referenced a few times, spine not broken. Good beginner and intermediate info. I just reference my Papazian books more.

PM shipping info to me if interested. 1st PM takes it.

Gone to brian4508, 1st PM

bennett2136 said:
I would love some Zeus hops if you still have them!

I have an extra copy of "How to Brew" by Palmer if one wants it.

I would love to have a copy of that book if you still have it

I have a 16 OZ bag of Hallertau Mittelfruh hops at 3.4% AA. Still in vacuum packed bag up for grabs.

Wow, I would love that! Dunkelweizen has become one of my favorite brews.

Edit: on second thought, I just remembered that I have 6 oz of hallertauer in the freezer already! I got so excited I didn't think it through. I'll pass this on to someone who needs it more.

I am in need of some Hallertau! I will take them from you.

Thanks Starrfish! Im just starting out so this is great! Maybe next year I'll be able to give back once I get some more brews 'over' my belt!

motleybrews said:
Brand new "the complete joy of homebrewing" by papizan. Started reading it, and I much prefer Palmer.

If you want it, it's yours.

I would like it if you still have it.

No one has a spare mash tun do they? I could even paypal. Mine was just small and is leaking now needs replacing.

Dec07_0005.jpg

I have 6 black plastic faucets. They are probably pretty old. Not sure what you could use them for. If you see the top left one is missing the one piece.

I have a spare sankey d coupler I would be happy to send someone... especially if they were planning on using it for pressurized fermenting since that is my new latest obsession.

EDIT GONE TO D_OZZ68

Ok, I haven't really looked through my chit yet, but I know I have a hydrometer to give away. Also 2 Hobgoblin glasses, like the ones seen here:

Welcome to the Wychwood Shop

but slightly different. Who wants this stuff?

Glasses Gone to Hawgwild
Hydrometer gone to montecarlo

mikeysab said:
Ok, I haven't really looked through my chit yet, but I know I have a hydrometer to give away. Also 2 Hobgoblin glasses, like the ones seen here:

Welcome to the Wychwood Shop

but slightly different. Who wants this stuff?

I'd like to have the glasses if they are available.

I have an extra liquid and gas ball lock disconnect. Both with a 1/4" barb, if anybody wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back