Stout on beergas w/stout faucet: Carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catamount

Reaction score
I did some searching and didn't really see an answer to this, forgive me if I missed something.
I recently purchased a stout faucet, and a beer gas tank. I am ready to put my stout into the keg, and was wondering how to go about carbing it. Do I need to use any priming sugar, or do I simply attach the gas to the keg and wait it out? Ive read that the typical PSI should be around 30-35 for stouts poured through a stout faucet on beergas. Is there anything else I should know?

You want to carb with CO2 (sounds kind of redundant) first. So put it on CO2 to the point that it's carb'ed to style. Then switch it over to the beer gas and turn the pressure up. The reason for beergas is to give the pressure needed to push the beer through the stout faucet with out over carbing the beer.

You want to carb with CO2 (sounds kind of redundant) first. So put it on CO2 to the point that it's carb'ed to style. Then switch it over to the beer gas and turn the pressure up. The reason for beergas is to give the pressure needed to push the beer through the stout faucet with out over carbing the beer.

Now that makes sense. I was always wondering what the nitrogen provides, but apparently it's just an inert gas that doesn't disolve into the beer (like CO2) or spoil it (like O2).

Back