It's Finally Done: My 10-tap Keezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up keeping the junky shut off/ check valves alone and will run a short piece of tubing from the dreaded 5/8" barb that's attached to the reg to a 5/8"barb x 1/4"nptf adapter. I got 3 from ebay for $5. Hope it works.

This is glorious. I mean, damn. I can really appreciate the sheer amount of thought, effort and design that went into this. I particularly like the the yeast lab vial tap handles and how tidy and efficient the entire setup is. Great work *clapping*

FYI Taprite has a check valve with 1/4 male flare end (Taprite P/N 6600CA) I believe I saw them in a couple of different spots for about $11+ . I am going to get those and use the JG 1/4 female flare.

Nice work on the JG fittings. I regret not going that route when I built my keezer. Also you have 2 more taps than I do... damn you Red Baron. :)

Great information! I am about to build a 4 tap keezer following @shemp 's instructions (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=517311); however, I accidentally bought a bunch of beer line that is 3/16" ID x 7/16" OD. As there are no 7/16" john guest fittings and I would imagine it would be impossible to connect this line into the 5/16" OD john guest fitting - could I go with 3/8" john guest fittings or should I return the tubing and get the tubing thadius used?

EDIT: Not sure if it would have worked or not, but I was able to cancel my order and I'm just going to go the route of the accuflex 3/16" tubing

Im working on my 8 tap upright, and I have a couple questions. First off, still happy with the JG fittings? How high have you had your pressure up on them? Im anticipating having some nitro stuff at 25-30psi. Second, did you just thread on the JG fittings, or did you need to use thread tape? Have you had any problems with leaking?

I also had some problems with over-tightening the JG fittings (cracked the first two I tried in half). You can't tighten them as you can a swivel-nut. I ended up hand tightening the JG fitting as much as possible, spraying starsan over the connection and gently tightening with a wrench until the bubbles stopped. So far I haven't been able to detect any leaks, but I'm constantly worried that there are leaks. I was wondering if anyone else had a better procedure.

@splendidus Your procedure seems pretty solid. Last week I found my 20# CO2 tank was empty (bought from craigslist 2 months ago - told it had "just" been filled). Took off all fittings and found one of my JG fittings on my 2 way regulator had a crack in it. Now my fingers are crossed that the cracked fitting was the culprit and I don't wake up to an empty tank again.

I ordered a couple replacement 1/4" ffl x 1/4" tube fittings from freshwatersystems and saw they are not in fact John Guest Fittings, but GA Murdock "Mur-Lok" fittings - Does not say if they are rated for gas specifically; fluid @ 150psi @ 70F and 60psi @140F - so we should be good

resurrecting this old thread, but just wanted to give a shout out to @thadius856 for this write up. i'll be using a similar setup for my keezer and this is going to make the jockey box build a lot simpler compared to all the hose barbs, oetiker clamps, hoses, etc.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back