Primary Temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krawdizzle

Reaction score
Have a Nukey Brown that's been in the primary fermenter Since Thursday, 4 days now. I noticed the temperature is a little below the recommended for ales. It's hovering around 66-68 degrees. Is this okay?

66-68 F is just about perfect depending on your yeast. What kind of yeast did you pitch?

Yes, thank you. I just looked at the indgredients inventory and :

Wyeast #1028 London Ale Yeast. Rich with a dry finish, minerally profile, bold and crisp, with some fruitiness. Flocculation: medium. Apparent attenuation: 73-77%. Optimum temperature: 60-72.

Just over cautious I guess, I just let it do it's thing. Thanks guys.

That should be fine. Also remember it is approx 5 degrees warmer during active fermentation inside a carboy that it is outside the carboy..

but a stick-on thermometer will give a good reading of the inside temps. good enough at least.

68 is fine. remember that's a temp. range...anywhere in that range is good...sitting close to the middle is best since it provides more of a buffer from exceeding either temp extreme.

Back