Perfect brew days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcapone

Reaction score
It's been almost a year since I started brewing (maybe 6 months of doing AG), and I finally had my first perfect brew day!

It's been a lot of trial and error getting a system down and hitting the right mash temps. After 4 AG batches though, I finally got it down perfect with no mishaps, and I'm so happy it was with my Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout clone :mug:

Awesome beer to have your first perfect brew day on. I too am just starting to learn my system and feel like I just had my first perfect brew day. My beer was Denny Conn's Wry Smile Rye IPA.

I'm 30 batches into my all grain habit and I'm still not happy to call one a "perfect" day... getting close though!

Jealous!

I was one minor mishap from having one today. After doughing in, I was 1.5 degrees high. But I made an adjustment and within 5 minutes was off and mashing.

After 1.5 years doing all grain batched I've not had a single brew day where at some point I didn't scream obscenities. Then again, my set up is really ghetto.

Back