Military brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Former Navy - out in 2006 CTI

Wasn't brewing then and don't remember it ever being discussed. I do know of a friend in the Air Force who's into brewing heavily AG and kegging...

Don't believe he lives on base though.

Yep, I've been proudly serving in the USAF and proudly brewing since the early 90s.

Just PCS'd to Spain and I'm trying to figure out how to get ingredients here without paying through the nose to have them shipped from the US. Anyone have any experience with that in Spain or elsewhere in Europe?

Thanks,
Radome

Well you probably will have an APO address so shipping won't kill you. I would consider sticking with DME whenever you can in order to save even more on shipping. Most of the online retailers will work with you on using flat rate packaging.

I order from Midwest supplies to a German apo and shipping isn't bad at all. Just ordered 2 kits and only paid 11 in shipping

For my overseas comrades... I was in Germany for a while. We had some german nationals wokring with us and I spoke to them about it, and they turned me onto some shops, and even local breweries that might sell me something (i never did go there). So talk to the locals and see what they know/can find out.

Never in the service but I will Hoist one for all the Veterans .....Thanks to all you men and women that have served past and present

FT. Hood Tx, Combat Engineer. for the next 60 days at least ^_^. Then I'll be a full time student.

NAS Pensacola. I am a Marine SGT, teaching avionics here. Been in 7 years now. If anyone else is a local brewer, we need to plan a big brew day or something. I volunteer my house!

I wanted to share this with you guys, I figured you all would want to take a pause for a moment....

One of my fellow ministers just posted pics of the funeral for USMC Staff Sergeant Vincent J Bell, that is happening at the church he's working at.

Here.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

USAF - newly retired 24+ yr CMSgt, currently working for the Dept of State.

All you guys who are still serving - thanks for what you're doing.

The rest of you old farts like me, make sure you remember the guys out there doing their business to keep us safe - especially this time of year.

Cheers!

I served 5 years in the Canadian Armoured Corps, did one tour to Afghanistan. I just got out a few months ago. Good times.

SSG. Two years active Army out Ft Lewis, WA. 9 years KY National guard with the last six being a full-time technician. I turned over a new leaf a few months back when I took an admin position while trying to land an AGR position. I traded my tool box in for a laptop, scanner, and two monitors. So far, not too bad.

Oh...and I've been to Iraq (Camp Taji....or whatever transient housing we called home) and Afghanistan ( ****in BAF).

Revvy said:
I wanted to share this with you guys, I figured you all would want to take a pause for a moment....

One of my fellow ministers just posted pics of the funeral for USMC Staff Sergeant Vincent J Bell, that is happening at the church he's working at.

Here.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

God speed, Marine...

Latest posts

Back