AHS hop prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
I'm on AHS's site right now and they have a lot of their pellet hops down to $1.19/oz. I have a pound of Warrior pellets in my shopping cart for $8.78. I'm guessing that this is a typo that they'll have corrected soon as that works out to about $0.55/oz.

AHS.jpg

Funkenjäger said:
Well the new harvest is coming this month AFAIK, maybe they REALLY want to sell off the old stock?

I would have to agree with this. I ordered my 1lb on Sunday and it is still the same price today.

That is the right price. No we are not trying to get rid of old stock. We never have old stock. I am giving everyone a chance to stock up at a great price before the prices go up at the end of the month. Spread the word it is not a typo it is a solid.

Forrest

sweet, Just wish I had a way to store bulk hops, guess I can do some IPA's before then end of the month.

Forrest, how long will you hold those prices? I just made an order with you yesterday and I want to get more hops but I gotta wait for more brewing funds. :)

I've been on this site the last couple hours looking at all the cool stuff I can do with my homebrew kit. I saw this thread and I have a noob question about hops.

How long can this be stored? Keep it in the freezer or what? Austin's a short drive away and if I can save enough $ to make it worth my while, I might place an order for some bulk hops and maybe my second extract kit.

Please let me know if this can be stored for a while, thanks everyone.

They can be stored in the freezer for up to a year. They will start to lose the alpha acids slowly after 6 months.

Forrest, any chance you could add a "16 oz" option to your pull down? You could just double the 8oz price and ship two 8 oz packages, but it lessens the "convert to pounds" math so many of us are doing right now :D.

Glad to hear I can freeze these for a while at least. Every couple bucks helps when you're just getting started. I might place me an order this weekend after my paycheck hits.

Also, AHS has been a big help in getting my first batch done. I drove up there this weekend and picked up my kit and AHS recipe. I sent a couple emails and got very fast responses and helpful advice. I appreciate the support and will be a repeat customer for sure. Plus, I'm in San Antonio and it gives me an excuse to get out of town for a few hours.

Thanks,

Steve

Back