Oops...didnt rinse enough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drathbone

Reaction score
I realized I likely didn't rinse enough of the oxyclean out of my keg. Maybe a quick spray off with hot water then I ran sanitizer through it and the lines. My first pull of my beer was REALLY bitter, possibly due to it being young, and a few days later it tasted better, but still a bit off. Again definitely still green.

That said, is it dangerous to consume oxyclean or if it tastes fine I should be good to go?

While my concern is not related to time in the keg, it's been roughly a week, it's not even carbed. However, my issue is the safety of consuming trace amounts of oxyclean and not the taste at this point, as only time will tell.

Well if I am reading right you did a quick rinse and then sanitizer. So the sanitizer more then likely rinsed the rest of the oxyclean out. You will be fine. The reason I asked how long in the keg was your worry about the flavor.

Back