Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beerfridge.jpg

Built from a rusted out fridge I found at the dump

I thought I showed my finished product before but I guess I was wrong, so here it is:

This is what it started out as:

DSC01634.JPG

This is what it finished as:

DSC01774.JPG

There is the whole build on my website and in another thread on hbt

Nice restoration job!

Cheers! The trick is to sand it down really well and hit it with multiple light coats, and then a wetsand to finish it off. I also replaced all the rotten insulation, and striping. I put two used flow control taps on, but their shanks were too short, so I installed this baking pan as a little inlet so I could access the shanks easily within the door. All in including the paint and used flow control taps, I think I spent less than $100 on the thing

fridge.jpg

fridge1.jpg

beerfridge.jpg

Here's mine

keezer-41.jpg

keezer-55.jpg

keezer-56.jpg

keezer-35.jpg

I have 5 taps now but it holds 8 kegs. Looking through this thread I saw how ridiculously ..........................awesome 8 taps look so i am looking to add 3 more.

I am going to call it "8 is enough".

Looks great Photopilot. Do you have the rack attached to the front at all, or is it free standing?

This is a clever way to show whats on tap! I like it, some guests probably make their whole decision based on what beer looks like rather than the name.
keezer-56.jpg

photopilot, very nice! Please explain the inverted test tubes... are they white labs yeast tubes filled with what's on tap in a rack you built?

Earlier in the thread someone used the Whitelabs viles to make Tap Handles but filled them with Grain/Hops etc.. I wonder if you could integrate the Two ideas to make Tap Handles filled with the Beer being served.

BTW, Great lookin' keezer Photopilot:mug:

I really like that idea with the drip tray, I might do something similar but with a wine rack since I already have a shelf hung for wine and beer glasses.

BTW, Great lookin' keezer Photopilot:mug:

Thanks for the compliments. The ideas actually evolved as did my brewing in the last year. I used to keg a beer, put it on the back porch and drink it till summer arrived then drank store bought beer. When fall rolled around started drinking from the same keg. Now I get to drink my beer year round.

It started with the group buy for perlicks. I bought 5 not intending for all to go in one keezer. Then the freezer came my way for only $50. Here is the link to my build.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-collared-keezer-build-182614/

It should answer more questions on the details including how I the glass racks or held on.

Earlier in the thread someone used the Whitelabs viles to make Tap Handles but filled them with Grain/Hops etc.. I wonder if you could integrate the Two ideas to make Tap Handles filled with the Beer being served.

That was my initial idea and I put a lot of effort into trying it. They looked pretty cool for the first 5 pours (if I was lucky) then would break off in my hand.
keezer-85.jpg

My initial plan was to take the same style chair legs that serve as my tap handles now cut it off at a place that matched the diameter of the test tube cap and glue it on the leg to make a longer elegant tap handle with a beer sample in it. I tried two different glues but there is not a good glue for plastics. I even called white labs found there source for the tubes called them to determine what kind of plastic the lids were. I still could not find anything to hold. When that idea failed I built the rack to hold the tubes. I did just see a thread where someone used a glue gun to hold it on and it has held for a while.

"You obviously put a lot of thought into your design photopilot"

Yep, I had 40 hrs of downtime a week at work doing nothing but sitting around reading HBT (dangerous) and designing my brewing apparatus (es). Some of my things were actually built "at work".

masonsjax said:
I bolted mine on through a hole in the cap using a steel washer. It's very solid and I'd bet it would hold liquid no problem.

If that works for you please buy some lottery tickets for me, cause you are luckier than I.

Whenever I try to make something water tight, it always takes an extra wrap of teflon, extra washer, another half twist of the joint to get a seal. Maybe its different in an environment without hot, moving water, but I have never found getting something to seal that easy.

Damn, that is a beautiful setup man!

I finally have pics! We've been working hard since summer finishing our basement. The kegerator is a Summit SBC490-BISSTB, which is basically a standard kegerator designed to fit completely built-in under a counter with zero clearance. Stainless tower from Keg Connection. Perlick faucets. The counter is black emerald pearl granite 18x26 tile and the backsplash is lightly tinted clear glass tile. I've been running soda water at 35 psi on the right and beer at 10 psi on the left.

051-1.jpg

050.jpg

042-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

My nearly-completed, but sorely understocked (so far), kegerator:

Kegerator_Exterior.jpg

Kegerator_Interior.jpg

Perlicks.jpg

I've saved one spot for the future addition of a stout tap.

kegerator34.jpg

Just putting the finishing touches on this! Seriously the best money I've ever spent! Loving the drip tray too.

Love those faucet cap. Did you make them yourself ???

I like those too? what are they?

BTW I use the 1" round ball tap handles too! I like that look. I posted somewhere here before that the rival bar on the show "Cheers" (Gary's Olde Town Tavern) had their taps set up with these.

I'm bummed my beer magnets don't stick to my stainless front danby mini fridge...:mad:

Thought I'd post my keezer. Definitely not as fancy as a lot of them on here. I admire the craftsmanship of the HBT members! First kegged beer is a repeat of a wheat beer that I brewed as my very first batch. Hooked up for about a week and not quite ready but I tried some anyways!

I used a 5.0 Haier that I had sitting in the basement not being used. I was hesitant to miter the corners as I'm a terrible woodworker but gave it a shot anyways. Used 2x6 and decided to insulate but didn't anticipate the lid getting in the way so had to trim after they were glued in place. So the insulation is a bit of a hack job. Kit is from keg connection with 575 Perlicks.
And I used a mud pan as a drip tray. Considering I'm a drywall taper I thought it was the way to go. It's attached with industrial velcro.
Also decided to add chalkboard paint to the top and like how that turned out.

Oh, and once everything was done, the lid just didn't quite sit 100% (might be because of the $5 wood I used) so I decided to just add a couple of latches to hold it down nice and snug. Considering my limited DIY skills I think it turned out well. I consider it good practice if I ever decide to upgrade to a bigger freezer.

Thanks for the look! Wouldn't have been possible without the great people on this forum :mug:

pour-1.jpg

inside-1.jpg

I have them too. Keeps the nasties out. Only a buck!

That's exactly where mine came from - they fit quite nicely... I've seen a couple others that are threaded so they "screw" into the taps, but those seemed like a lot of extra work.

These seem to work very nicely, and they're very convenient. I figure they'll be a bigger benefit come the summer when my basement gets damp and somewhat nasty.

This is my single tap tower modified for three taps

MikesIntergalacticKegger.jpg

The taps were too crowded and I couldn't tighten the hoses adequately and wanted a larger tower. I looked into the T-shaped towers but they are $275.00
I went to a lot of stores looking for something that was Stainless steel or chrome and didn't find anything that was quite right until I found this. It took a some minor metal fabing but it works perfectly and looks like a tower. It only set me back $29.00.

newbrewtower002.jpg

What? You think it is a spare toilet paper roll holder from Bed Bath and Beyond.
No Way! You are wrong.

OK! You are correct.

Latest posts

Back