just got my temp controller. question....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttk420

Reaction score
should I have my chest freezer set to the coldest temp or should I have it set to the coolest? I have it set to the coolest and the temp controller at about 35 and it is working just fine. thanks in advance.

I don't think it should really matter, as long as the freezer thermostat isn't set warmer than the temp controller, but I'm sure that would be hard to achieve.
The temp controller will still operate the same, by cutting off the power when the desired temp is reached. So the freezer thermostat is somewhat bypassed.

my bad. I should have mentioned I have the chest set at the warmest and the temp controller at 35.

Well, the warmest temp in the chest freezer is probably still below 32F. You can set it at its coldest, and the temp controller will still do its job.

I am just super happy I made the jump to home brewing. my first batch was a success and it is in my keezer. can't complain.

ttk420 said:
should I have my chest freezer set to the coldest temp or should I have it set to the coolest? I have it set to the coolest and the temp controller at about 35 and it is working just fine. thanks in advance.

Your chest freezer should be at the coldest setting this allows the external thermostat a full operating range to work no matter what temp you put it at

Back