Starting first brew tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs2003

Reaction score
Well everyone, I'm going to start my first brew tomorrow. It's a smooth nut brown ale kit I bought from midwestsupplies, and I'm getting pretty pumped to start. My friend is going to help me, he's bringing his portable dvd player so we can have somethin to watch during the boil :) wish me luck everyone, ill let everyone know how it goes once done, with some pics too probably.

abs2003 said:
Well everyone, I'm going to start my first brew tomorrow. It's a smooth nut brown ale kit I bought from midwestsupplies, and I'm getting pretty pumped to start. My friend is going to help me, he's bringing his portable dvd player so we can have somethin to watch during the boil :) wish me luck everyone, ill let everyone know how it goes once done, with some pics too probably.

don't get carried away with the DVD during your boil, or this could happen.

dcam1662oy1.jpg

Happens real quick too, in a min or two... From no boil to over the top ;)

Best of Luck :mug:

Ouch, SWMBO would make me sleep on the couch if I did that to her stove. :cross:

(well, not really...but mighty close)

fezzman said:
Ouch, SWMBO would make me sleep on the couch if I did that to her stove. :cross:

(well, not really...but mighty close)

she was gone when i did it, but she came back before i got it cleaned up.

she was pretty cool about it, she just said "You're cleaning that up", but i already knew that... ;)

BrewProject said:
she was gone when i did it, but she came back before i got it cleaned up.

she was pretty cool about it, she just said "You're cleaning that up", but i already knew that... ;)

Good that she was cool about it. I guess I'd rather have a spill on your type of stove rather than a glass top. I can imagine how bad that stuff would burn around the pot.

Happy brewing and welcome! My first ale was a Nut Brown and it tasted absolutely wonderful. The smile on my face when I opened my first fully conditioned bottled was ear to ear.

Cheers!

Back