Attn SNIZZLE: Vintage Strong Beer Fest at Delilahs. 2/23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvh261

Reaction score
I didn't even hear about this until today!

This is a couple of miles from my apt. I imagine I'll head down there and check it out. $20 seems like a bargain.

http://www.delilahschicago.com/

Saturday 2-23 Vintage Strong Beer Fest 2008
On Saturday, February 23rd from Noon to 6pm, Delilah’s hosts its tenth annual vintage beer festival. More than seventy beers, primarily strong ales, from over 50 breweries will be tasted – side by side, for the first time ever in Chicago – many in multiple vintages.
Regionally, Three Floyds, Goose Island, Greg Browne Brewing, Capitol, Two Brothers, Rock Bottom, Flossmoor Station, Flatlander’s, Bell’s & Lakefront Brewing will be represented, and many of these brewers will be in attendance.

Strong ales have been traditionally brewed during and for the winter and early spring months and are quite suitable for aging – often being brewed a year before release. Many of the ales for this tasting will be sampled in vintage, the J.W. Lees Harvest Ale, for instance, will be available from both the 1989 and 1999 vintage and the George Gale’s Prize Old Ale will include a 1996 and 1997 – plus eight vintages of Sierra Nevada’s Bigfoot Barley Wine.

A very unique experience to sample all these strong beers together – along with vintage dated brews including: Anchor Old Foghorn, Avery Hog Heaven, Thomas Hardy’s Ale, Harvey’s Elizabethan, Skull Splitter, Portland Brewing Adam Barley Wine, Dog Fish Head Immort Ale, Lucifer, Trois Pistoles & La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue, Malheur Millennium, Capitol Blonde Dopplebock - multiple vintages, Two Brothers Bear Tree Weiss Wine, Maredsous Triple, EKU 28, and the French Belzebuth, Rogue Ales Old Crusty and Young’s Old Nick.

Admission is $20 for a sampling of the offerings. Information concerning each product will be available. This tasting is a must. Feel free to call or email for more info.

Bump as this got pushed way down the list.

I have to head to the suburbs for a family party on saturday, but not leaving until around 4pm and I'm not doing the driving. I'll probably be down at Delilah's from noonish until around 3:00 and the Diversey bus can take me door to door. I'm set.

Back