Uncontrollable PSI!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rouski

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I built a tiki bar a few months back and set up my own kegerator. I bought a two-product regulator from BeverageFactory and had problems with CO2 leakage pretty constantly. I'd get through one quarter keg and I'd have an empty tank. At first I thought it was because it was in the kegerator and was losing pressure because of the cold temperatures (high school science was worth something). I then kept the CO2 tank outside of the kegerator and had the same problem.

I sprayed every connection with soapy water and found a leak, tightened the $#!t out of it and the gas leak stopped. I checked a few hours later and the leak was back, so I tightened it again and didn't have any problems with it the rest of the night.

Just attached a new keg and the PSI rises uncontrollably until it maxes out and the relief valve pops. I've messed with the pressure adjuster knob (no idea what its actually called) to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone,

So I built a tiki bar a few months back and set up my own kegerator. I bought a two-product regulator from BeverageFactory and had problems with CO2 leakage pretty constantly. I'd get through one quarter keg and I'd have an empty tank. At first I thought it was because it was in the kegerator and was losing pressure because of the cold temperatures (high school science was worth something). I then kept the CO2 tank outside of the kegerator and had the same problem.

I sprayed every connection with soapy water and found a leak, tightened the $#!t out of it and the gas leak stopped. I checked a few hours later and the leak was back, so I tightened it again and didn't have any problems with it the rest of the night.

Just attached a new keg and the PSI rises uncontrollably until it maxes out and the relief valve pops. I've messed with the pressure adjuster knob (no idea what its actually called) to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks for your help!

Put some thread tape on the threads to the tank.
Change hose from tank to keg.

you ever figure out a solution? I have the exact same regulator and had a problem with the first one, but beverage factory replaced it. Now, my second one is doing the exact same thing! I am extremely frustrated.

You guys know their is a washer or O-ring; reg to tank. My old reg had a washer and my new taprite has an O-ring. And the reason I had to get the new reg was the old one pressure started running away.

Back