Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with this stuff here for gas just for the convenience of getting it along with all the fittings I needed for a much lower price than midwest supplies.
NORTHERN BREWER: Tubing

The description makes it sound like it should work for gas.
"5/16" Beverage Tubing. Large-diameter tubing is typically found in commercial installations. This tubing fits nicely over the gas-in sides of our commercial beer taps. Sold per foot."
I'm assuming it's ok for gas because of the thick wall.

The basement getto kegerator. Holds 4 cornies easy, but there's only one on tap now. Got an Oktoberfest lagering and a SMaSH cold crashing.

Kegerator11.jpg

Just got her done in the last week or so. Just got the correct gas fitting so I'm good to hook her up.
newgraphic.jpg

interior.jpg

My turn! I was waiting until I finished the tap handles :mug: The wife wants to paint flames on it, but this is it so far...

kegerator_overview.jpg

kegerator_taps.jpg

kegerator_insidedoor.jpg

Two more...

-Joe

I'm still thinking about adding a piece of diamond plate around the 2 x 10 collar and I need a drip tray.

And a Few more pics:

At the last minute I decided to use black weather stipping from Lowe's between the base and collar.

IMG_1405.jpg

And I added two center garage door hinges so that I can raise the collar for putting kegs and Carboys inside.
IMG_1406.jpg

Hope you like it. I know I do! :rockin:

Current drip tray
IMG_1410.jpg

It's true ... flames? I just don't know about flames....

What about............ painting a giant kilt onto the fridge? :p

By the way, SWMBO is in love with your tap handles, Joe.

:off: gotta say chriso, I was just watching your youtube vids on kegging again this afternoon, and I'm pretty sure you have a perfect brewing basement. That drain along the side is awesome, But I'm guessing it's rinse water only?

Back to the Topic, Please don't go with flames. They're so....Generic biker/High school-dropout/Rebel-ish. IMHO:drunk:

Wait what? I have youtube videos??? :confused:

Edit: Ah. Chris Knight. He is not me is not he. We are not he are not us. :p

I was thinking the same thing as mmb... If I ever build a bar for the basement, I think I'm doing a similar thing - mosaic of caps, and flow coat with epoxy.

I've already got the caps - well over 3# of them by now.

I was thinking the same thing as mmb... If I ever build a bar for the basement, I think I'm doing a similar thing - mosaic of caps, and flow coat with epoxy.

I've already got the caps - well over 3# of them by now.

That was the initial plan when we started collecting caps about a year and a half ago. Then my girlfriend came up with the idea to cover the refrigerator door with them. Is she a keeper or what?

When I moned this summer me kegorator quit working and I have been working on finding the right fridge. I think this best suits what I was looking for. It is a bottom freezer fridge and will hold 6 cornies plus 5# gas. I should have it up and running this weekend.

IMG00019.jpg

Thanks to the great help from people on this site it came out great!

100_2063.jpg

I actually now have 5 taps. This is an older picture.... :)

I'm trying to judge from your picture, but do you have two collars on that freezer? one on the lid one on the case?

The reason I ask is because I am building a collar-less system and if you were able to mount that regulator on the inside surface of your freezer I would REALLY like to know how you were able to do it. Nothing adheres to polypropelene with the ability to bear any weight load so I'm stuck

Thanks!

Being kind of a perfectionist I decided not to post any interior pictures until it is done. It is fully functional, including a drain reservoir, tower cooling system, and 4 way primary regulator, but mounting it all in an organized, clean looking way has given me some trouble.

I have grown to despise polypropelene since nothing on this planet will stick to it and I dont want to drill into the walls of the freezer to mount my regulator...still trying to figure out a solution that looks good and is easily accessible. This is what collars are for, but I went collarless and am determined to make it work so we'll see what I can come up with

Just checking in with my new set up. Still need handles, drip tray, and to secure the lines a bit cleaner than they are now, but here she is.

2968146738_333957c054.jpg

2968146580_0c55d37c28.jpg

What I've got there is a used Haier 5 cu ft keezer, perlicks, 10' of 3/16" lines, and a 5# CO2 tank. The collar is 1x4 poplar stained with red oak.

I have that exact same model freezer, i got it on craigslist for a deal. It's nice if you have 3 gallon corny's to fit on the hump as well.

This is my first kegerator, which works fine...for now. I'm going to be getting a chest freezer sometime before Christmas, but this little guy was cheap to build and holds 2 kegs and a 10# CO2 tank inside.

Pretty simple setup, but as it was my first build I made some basic mistakes. I thought the color coded disconnects should go together on the same keg (eg. Black all on one keg, Gray on the other). Yeah, bad move...and ended up having to pry off one disconnect since it was a bit small, and destroyed it in the process. For the future, I'm going to be drilling a hole in the collar to run the CO2 line through so I'll have more room in the keg. Also, this will make it easier to adjust the pressure for switching from force carbing at 30psi back to serving pressure.

First of all, here is my Mini Fridge that I expanded with a wood "collar". This was originally made to be a fermentation chamber for a single carboy. More on that little project HERE.
DSCF0026.JPG"

All the parts: Lines, 2 picnic taps, Ball Lock disconnects, SS hose clamps, CO2 "Y" splitter, Dual gauge regulator.
DSCF0041.JPG

10# CO2 Tank and 2 reconditioned cornies from the LHBS:
DSCF0036.JPG

All assembled and in the mini-fridge:
DSCF0052.JPG

I want to thank all the people who have posted here. We've been reading for the past few weeks, and finished our kegerator tonight (once the final parts arrived). It's nothing original, but it's pretty classy none the less. We used the Sanyo fridge from Fry's, and tower from ACU, some parts from Larry's Home Brew in Kent, WA (local store) and more parts from Austin Home Brew, and parts from Micromatic. Oh, and I ebayed the rails.

I'm curious if it was a consious decision to keep the Sanyo label on for most of you. We peeled ours off. I'd post a picture, but we are currently free users - and really, it looks hardly different than anybody elses, except for perhaps our beer glasses on top.

thanks again!

--Robin

Primary 1: Briess Winter's Night Dry Stout
Kegged: none of our own yet! Filled up with Snoqualmie Falls ESB, and Mac and Jack's African Amber to get us by for a while

Next in line: Austin Homebrew's Holiday Brown Ale and their Moose Drool clone

I'd post a picture, but we are currently free users - and really, it looks hardly different than anybody elses, except for perhaps our beer glasses on top.

You can definitely post pictures, you just can't upload them to HBT's servers. It just means that you need to use a hosting service like Imageshack, Photobucket, or even Tinypic.

Glad to hear the assembly went well for you! Enjoy!!! :D

damn man thats ghetto. I saw Edworts orrigional dong handels and man this gives them a run. atleast in the end it doesnt look phallic
Haha, ghetto! What would you have done? I've got some real handles on there now, but the important part is I was able to successfully pour pints when my order was missing the handles.

Back