Do you use a 25 foot CFC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kklowell

Reaction score
Could someone who uses one of these please tell me the temperature of the water leaving the cooler?
Thanks a bunch!

Could someone who uses one of these please tell me the temperature of the water leaving the cooler?
Thanks a bunch!

Well, that depends largely on the wort temperature. When you first start it the exhaust water is near boiling.

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed you said cfc.

Thanks for the fast replies!
I ask because i found a rubber hose that says it's rated for 165 degrees and wonder if that's enough to use to build a CFC.

If the water leaving the CFC is anywhere near as hot as immersion chiller, I'd have to say possibly no. With that being said, I've never used a CFC, but I damn near scalded myself this past Saturday when I turned on my immersion chiller and the hose turned towards me!

FWIW, I've measured my immersion exhaust water at above 200 degrees.

I ask because i found a rubber hose that says it's rated for 165 degrees and wonder if that's enough to use to build a CFC.

Mine is made with the standard yellow garden hose. I know I was supposed to use the black rubber hose that is rated for entry to Venus atmosphere... but Lowe's was running a deal, so I figured if it melted I would just build another one and consider it a lesson learned. However, I have never had a problem with mine after at least 6 batches through. I just make sure to turn the water on before the boiling wort touches it.

If the water leaving the CFC is anywhere near as hot as immersion chiller, I'd have to say possibly no. With that being said, I've never used a CFC, but I damn near scalded myself this past Saturday when I turned on my immersion chiller and the hose turned towards me!

FWIW, I've measured my immersion exhaust water at above 200 degrees.

I know what you're saying...when I built my brewing setup the first time around I made my immersion cooler with 50 feet of 1/2 inch copper.That baby sucked heat out of the hot wort and I accidently made contact with the hot water. Didn't ever do it again!

Latest posts

Back