The DIY Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
OK, so I just fired up the kegerator to see if it'll get cold. Before I sink money into a draft tower, I need to make sure it works.

The history behind this thing is cool: I bought it, a faucet, two commercial keg couplers and a regulator for $75 (thanks, Craigslist!).

1567-IMG_1035.JPG

It's not the best kegerator ever. I had to cut the inside ceiling out and remove the insulation foam to get the cornies to kit. The guy I bought it from had punched a hole in the side and the top and didn't do a very neat job. It sat at his place for a while, unused.

It holds 3 cornies, ALMOST 4. I'm hoping it gets cold (in the 'rator) tonight so I can continue with it.

Cheesefood,
That is a great deal and you should be stoked. I just wanted to let you know that your avatar kills me. My girlfriend just walk up behind me and wanted a explanation of what I was looking at. After a few minutes she commented on your shorts, walked away, and left me and my barley wine alone. Thanks!

hialtitude said:
Cheesefood,
I just wanted to let you know that your avatar kills me. My girlfriend just walk up behind me and wanted a explanation of what I was looking at. After a few minutes she commented on your shorts, walked away, and left me and my barley wine alone. Thanks!

LMAO @ hialtitude and his girlfriend. That is funny right there.

Cheese, these are the best projects. OMFG when you pull your own beer from your own kegerator....oh man. You are in the big time now. :rockin:

Dude said:
LMAO @ hialtitude and his girlfriend. That is funny right there.

Cheese, these are the best projects. OMFG when you pull your own beer from your own kegerator....oh man. You are in the big time now. :rockin:
Thanks, Dude. I'm stoked. It'll be teh shizzle when it's done.

It works! I just checked back and it was cold as a mofo!!!

Need to get some insulation foam for the top and then use some on-hand materials to pretty it up.

Waaaahoooo!!!!!

Cheesefood said:
It works! I just checked back and it was cold as a mofo!!!

Need to get some insulation foam for the top and then use some on-hand materials to pretty it up.

Waaaahoooo!!!!!

SUH-WEET!

Can you fit the CO2 tank in there too?

Maybe. Haven't tried yet. Something to try tomorrow, along with putting the CO2 distro in there and making a gromet for the Bev Out's.

I've got a HomeBrew chubby going on right now.

Latest posts

Back