Taking the new setup for a ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
After 8 months it's finally ready to brew in. New place and a new setup, man I have a lot to learn. It's good thing I did a starter wort batch, cause I made 200 mistakes. I do like it, although it seems to be way more work than my old cooler and burner setup. Oh, well.

Ready to go

DSCN2969.jpg

Filling hlt
DSCN2970.jpg

Recirculating the mash

DSCN2971.jpg

Money shot
DSCN2972.jpg

Good rolling electric boil. Man, it was rolling and sloshing from side to side.

DSCN2973.jpg

I look up to you like a starry-eyed son looks up to his father. Amazing.

As nice as it looks, I doubt the first couple of batches will even come close to what i'm used to. I could kill that thing with a rubbermaid cooler and aluminum pot.:mug:

My eyes....My eyes....help...I've been blinded!!!! :eek:

Are you looking at an automation controller? A wall mounted screen showing all your temps and processes would be a nice touch.

Good work man!

Excellent! It's great to see you have your new setup running! Hopefully over time it will seem like less work (with continued upgrades, of course :D)

Are you looking at an automation controller? A wall mounted screen showing all your temps and processes would be a nice touch.

Good work man!

It's as automated as I want it to be right now. Hlt and pump are run by rancos, so the mash is pretty much set it and leave it.

Very nice!

Looks like an operating room... well actually, I don't think they have that much stainless!

Congrats on getting it going.

Ed

Very nice!

Looks like an operating room... well actually, I don't think they have that much stainless!

Congrats on getting it going.

Ed

Thank you sir. Of course it lacks an excellent control panel like you have, but we do what we can.:mug:

...scribble, scribble, scribble... ...adding you to the list of people I hate... ...bastard! Seriously though, very sweet! :mug:

Looks great. Congrats on the maiden voyage. You'll get the hang of it soon, then you can sit back and admire that work of art.

Remember, if it all seems like too much work you can always go back to the cooler and fryer pot setup once in a while. or maybe run them both so you can brew two different batches at one time.

Remember, if it all seems like too much work you can always go back to the cooler and fryer pot setup once in a while. or maybe run them both so you can brew two different batches at one time.

I'm no where near talented enough to do simultaneous batches on two different setup's. But thanks for the laugh.:mug:

Glad I caught this build from the beginning. IT's been awesome watching the progress. How about a shot form the outside?Congrats on seeing it all through and making it happen. So many of these projects get put on hold or get lost.

Can you let me know what stainless steel cleaner you are going to use, I would like to invest in that company. Very Clean.

Truly amazing job wildwest. I especially like the diamond plating and the stainless sink w/sprayer. I've always wanted to have my own brewing sink so I don't have to fight with SWMBO for space in the kitchen. Congrats on the inaugural voyage!

Truly amazing job wildwest. I especially like the diamond plating and the stainless sink w/sprayer. I've always wanted to have my own brewing sink so I don't have to fight with SWMBO for space in the kitchen. Congrats on the inaugural voyage!

Thanks.:mug:

Sooooo . . . . . three years later, how's the system holding up? Have you added any kind of automation or changed your design?

Wildwest, you now owe me a new Lap top, Beer mug, and a Home brewed APA. You see, I saw the pics, and I dropped my beer onto my new HP Brew Computer, thus ruining the Lap Top, Glass Mug, and my Beer...

Seriously, much kuddos to you. That is the best looking home brew set up I have seen to date. :mug:

Seriously, much kuddos to you. That is the best looking home brew set up I have seen to date. :mug:

Thank you, but keep looking, there are a lot of spectacular builds here, ones of which i'm jealous of.

Back