Waterbear American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldsep

Reaction score
The colors look really creepy because it was converted from CMYK to RGB when I uploaded it... it's a lot warmer in the print version. What do you think, too "dirty" maybe?

4506650576_503596c624_o.jpg

Looks like a permissions issue to me (says the IT guy). If we don't have rights to see your photoBucket images then we get the big red X

K moved it to Flickr. If that didn't work I'll just show my girlfriend or something haha.

I really like your typography. Perhaps lighten the texture overlay a bit? You say it prints lighter though, maybe it's just my monitor settings.

man, I looked up waterbears, It would suck to have those contaminating your equipment, it looks like nothing kills them.

I really like the look of the label, as well as your text.

I think the first half of your paragraph needs to be highlighted more, maybe by decreasing the font size for the second half (once you get to "If you are new to bottle-conditioning..."). I like the whole paragraph, it's witty and fun. I just think the first half is more about what this beer is, and should be emphasized. The second half is more procedural, how to drink the beer.

"Bring Your Own Bear" should stay the same size.

Also, maybe I'm just missing it, but is your beer named after waterbears (Tardigrade), or is there some other meaning to it? What does the ship have to do with this? I guess some reference to why it's named what it is would be nice. But maybe I am just missing the point.

Really, really like the graphical layout. It's well balanced and the colors look great (as they appear on my monitor).

Well done!

The name has three influences. It's mostly named after my dad's boat (hence the ship). It's also a subtle reference to my pet name for my girlfriend - I told her I would name my first successful brew after her. And yes, it's also a reference to Tardigrades, which are absolutely the craziest and most awesome creatures I know of.

The text sizes were really just a result of fitting them next to the bear without stretching them. I could change the sizing if I moved the bear over, though.

I also like the suggestions to lighten it up and maybe reduce the texture a bit. I think my initial thoughts that it looked to "dirty" were worth acting on.

Thanks guys.

Very very nice... !!!

Love everything from the worn looking style and the sunburst to the text placement and the destroyer on the top. The color is great too!

Good work!

Back