1/2 Liter Plastic Bottles vs. 22oz Glass Pop Tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meatball358

Reaction score
The Title is fairly self explanatory on this one...I found a website which sells the 1/2 liter plastic twist off bottles (like soda bottles) and these seem like they'd save money in the long term but Im new to this whole brewing thing and was wondering if any of you have a strong opinion either way??

Thnx in advance

Even though it's more work, I like the standard 341 mL / 355 mL bottles, as it's easier to pour them. I also have some 500mL and 1 L swingtop bottles, but they let the trub mix way too easily.

my 2¢

plastic<glass
I don't think the fod grade fermenters impart anything different to the beer, but I do think it make a difference. I also think the containers used for fermenting are better quality thus leaving no side effects. This all being said I have a mindset that glass is better but I still have 2 better bottles that I use for primarys I will never let anything sit is PET bottles for more than 4-5 weeks. 5 being the absolute longest. So long ramle short use glass to bottle

Back