Group Buy in Chicago #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bmason1623 said:
Ok, I requested the following substitutions:

BZ-PILS
BZ-MUNH
GB-MUNH30

I am hoping that they just go ahead and ship without adjusting the price. The above are premium priced grains. Will keep everyone posted.

They did substitute the out of stock grains with the grains above. I don't think they're going to charge us for the price differences but I wasn't the one who made the payment. Demon, let us know if they do charge you. We're still on schedule for delivery tomorrow. Demon will email everyone a google appointment calender where everyone can fill in their desired pick up time. Never used this before so we'll see how it works. Get your roller mills and brew pots ready!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I will email out the pickup calendar shortly. It will go to all addresses I received payments from.

can someone please let me know the pickup address and also, Demon, did you receive payment for all of Niilo's order yet?

can someone please let me know the pickup address and also, Demon, did you receive payment for all of Niilo's order yet?

do you have a gmail address so that you can use the appointment scheduler? check your Chaos messages for the link.

Grain pickup calendar has been sent by PM to the participants. If you need the address reply to my PM and I will provide it.

n2deep said:
Calendar is unavailable to me. =(

PM me your time slot request and your email address

my calendar seems to have vanished...

i'll re do it again tomorrow. demon, send me everyone's email adress via email and i will forward it to them.

Allthingsgiant, do you still want your grain? If you do then please submit payment to Demon. If not then let us know sup we can sell it to someone else who maybe interested. Thanks.

I'm hoping all grain can be picked up within a few days of delivery to my place. My address is on the quotation from the distributor. PM or email me for my address if you need it.

GRAIN PICK UP TIMES

Thursday (10-06/11): 9:30AM-2:00PM; 5:00PM-7:00PM
Friday (10-07/11): 9:30AM-3:00PM; 6:00PM-7:30PM
Saturday(10-08/11): 9:30AM-2:00PM
Sunday(10-09/11): By appointment.
Monday on (10-06/11): By Appointment.

Grain has arrived. I'd appreciate a heads up as to who and when you're coming. I'm going to start separating some of the bags and start with some of the split orders.

My buddy with the truck has to get permission from the wife before he can play. As soon as she gives him the OK I will let you know the time and day she picks for him.

PS. He is a big *****. :D

My buddy with the truck has to get permission from the wife before he can play. As soon as she gives him the OK I will let you know the time and day she picks for him.

PS. He is a big *****. :D

I hope he your buddy doesn't read this! Just let me know as soon as you find out.

wegz15 has already picked up. he was first the last time he bought too. I think he started brewing in his car as he pulled away. :)

Thanks for separating all of the grain bmason. And thanks for allowing the early pick up

I will also be around 11am on Saturday.

Any idea what size container I will need for a split bag?

I'll have it bagged out for you already. But I think a Home Despot bucket should work well for storage.

I'll have it bagged out for you already. But I think a Home Despot bucket should work well for storage.

The orange buckets with lids from HDep work like a charm... and cheap, too. Just make sure they're the ones marked "4" (HDPE), which I believe is the only style they sell in Chi-land.

BTW --- I'm content to wait until the next group buy, but if anyone has anything left over, too much to store, etc. let me know, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands (of course, compensating you fairly). I'm good on base malts right now, but could use some specialties, crystals, etc. Let me know what you've got.

BTW --- I'm content to wait until the next group buy, but if anyone has anything left over, too much to store, etc. let me know, and I'll be happy to take it off your hands (of course, compensating you fairly). I'm good on base malts right now, but could use some specialties, crystals, etc. Let me know what you've got.

what would you be interested in just in case something does pop up?

I'll have to make my pick-up Monday. I'm free all day. What's a good time for you bmason? And can you PM your address/phone number? Thanks.

Im also on stand by for next order but if there is any base grain unclaimed or too much ordered i will be very happy to pick it up as well, i brew my last 15lbs last night

My daughter has a soccer game from 11-12 on Saturday so I will head out after that. Should arrive about 12:30-12:45 depending on traffic.

ThatGuyRyan said:
My daughter has a soccer game from 11-12 on Saturday so I will head out after that. Should arrive about 12:30-12:45 depending on traffic.

Ok, see you then.

N2deep, it was nice meeting you today. Happy brewing and maybe I'll see next Saturday at the event I was telling you about. There will be a lot of brewing geeks just like us there.

N2deep, it was nice meeting you today. Happy brewing and maybe I'll see next Saturday at the event I was telling you about. There will be a lot of brewing geeks just like us there.

Likewise! I'm going to see what's shaking on that day, like I was saying, my girls are out of town, so it *may* end up being a brew day as well. I'll have to see what's going on when I get a bit closer, but I think it sounds awesome.

Once again, mad props to you and Demon for getting this ball rolling, you guys rock!

I have a confession and an apology to everyone who has participated in the last three buys I've been a part of. I have this weird...umm, I don't know what to call it...perversion?...when splitting orders of taking one *single* grain and chewing, tasting it. The taste is fantastic! It reminds me of grape nuts cereal. So my apologies for cheating you out of one individual grain. I need help, I know. Happy brewing!

Hopefully we can get a time when we can get a group together. I have a few recent brews that are just about ready that I can bring to sample. They are all young but still tasty!

Breakfast Stout: Ready
Bourbon Barrel Aged Breakfast Stout: Ready
Oktoberfest: Ready enough
Chocolate Cherry Stout: Kegged about a week ago but should be carbonated enough by the weekend.
Hoe Gardening House Ale: Ready
Watermelon Ale: 1 left I think.

Ryan, I have been impressed with your brews and would like to try some more of them. If you don't mind driving into the city, the brew club I belong to holds monthly meetings on the first Sunday of every month. We sit around and sample brews, both home or commercially brewed, and discuss what's going on with the club. I'll give you more info when you pick up.

Thanks again for doing all the leg work, Bill.

Class act, that guy.

Now I just need this damn hop harvest to trickle to us homebrewing plebs, and I should be back in business!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back